Please help! wick flame burns out and i know i have the right size wick.

i am using a soy wax blend in a 4 oz tin with a htp 83 wick and i am still not getting a full melt pool. and even worse, the flame on the wick burns out! i thought i first cut the wick to small so i made another one with the wick longer, and it STILL dies out. i am so confused. i dont know what causes this and what i should do besides double wick. please help! i wanted to give these tins as xmas gifts. now i dont know what i'm going to do with this 100$ worth of supplies if i cant figure this out..

the reason i thought i had the right wick is thats what the owner of one of the candle supply sites recommended for that size tin. i personally emailed them and they responded with htp 83. i thought he shoulda been right out of anyone. ahh well, back to the drawing board :(

the reason i thought i had the right wick is thats what the owner of one of the candle supply sites recommended for that size tin. i personally emailed them and they responded with htp 83. i thought he shoulda been right out of anyone. ahh well, back to the drawing board :(

That's why you'll find so many replies here saying any wick size is merely a suggestion to get you in the ballpark. If there was one perfect wick for a particular wax to make a certain sized candle, anyone could make them. It wouldn't take all this testing.

It cannot be stressed enough, each person must test to find the right formula for their own application. Then test and re-test with any change, wax, FO, additive, candle size, everything...