Curious - 4627

Hi Everyone -

I am curious to see if anyone else is having the same problem that I am with the 4627 - I've been using this wax for quite some time with great results. I have a number of chocolate scents (choc. milk, choc. fudge, biscotti, etc..) that I have been pouring and in this last month, no matter how long I stir, once the wax and FO have been poured and sit overnight, I see swirls on the top of the candle the next day...like the FO didn't blend.

I am pouring into 3" diameter tumblers, 8% FO, heating to 200 degrees and pouring between 165 and 170. Any ideas or suggestions? I don't know if it is doing this because of the temperature change or what? It is pretty cold outdoors, but not in...

Thanks in advance for your help!

Allison

I haven't had a problem with oils not mixing, but the last 8 to 10 boxes I've used I had to wick up with almost everything.

There sure seems to be something different about it but I'm not sure what. It still feels the same and throws the same. Just doesn't wick the same for me.

I have a number of chocolate scents (choc. milk, choc. fudge, biscotti, etc..) that I have been pouring and in this last month, no matter how long I stir, once the wax and FO have been poured and sit overnight, I see swirls on the top of the candle the next day...like the FO didn't blend.

I assume there's no problem with the burn. FO separating from this wax is super unlikely, so it's probably just a cosmetic issue. 4627 can look a little swirly sometimes.

Could be some seasonal effect or just the wax itself. The materials used to make 4627 aren't totally consistent and there can easily be differences in appearance and burn between lots.