Need dup for Yankee Mulling Spices

blt212

Hi Jessica....

Thanks for the info....maybe I'll call C&S and ask them if they think it's a close match...not sure if they give out that kind of info though...

Brenda

Hey Brenda, I just went to their site and searched...and this is the one that I came up with ... http://newcart.candlesandsupplies.com/Store/Products/Candles/PID-SC-MC.aspx

This is yankee's description : "The lively aroma blends hot apple cider with seasonal clove, cinnamon and vanilla to serve up a real treat for the senses."

Maybe you'd be able to make your own if C & S's isnt the dupe you are looking for ....in C&S's it doesnt mention the vanilla part, and clove ....

Hope that helps,

Jessica

Hey Jessica:

What a great idea....I haven't gotten involved in mixing but it might be a good one to start with. I also found this description at ICS for their Mulled Cider...possibly I could just add some clove. My friend is bringing me a Yankee Mulling Spices tart this week so I can use it to test with.....

Mulled Cider

Detailed Description

Perfect blend of apple cider, vanilla, and cinnamon. A warm and flowing aroma

Thanks again

Brenda

Hey Jessica:

What a great idea....I haven't gotten involved in mixing but it might be a good one to start with. I also found this description at ICS for their Mulled Cider...possibly I could just add some clove. My friend is bringing me a Yankee Mulling Spices tart this week so I can use it to test with.....

Mulled Cider

Detailed Description

Perfect blend of apple cider, vanilla, and cinnamon. A warm and flowing aroma

Thanks again

Brenda

Hey Brenda :)

Well, I hope I helped you some...Here is MC's description for their Mulled Cider, and it even includes the Clove:

"Mulled Cider-- Aged to perfection! This warm fall favorite begins with aged apple cider simmered with allspice, ground ginger and clove enveloped in a rich cinnamon spice base".

You might want to check that one out.

Jessica

I would be interested in this too if you ever find one that smells like it. I get asked for this all the time, but so far I have tested mulled cider from NG-smells like bubble gum with some type of spices in it...and one other place and I can't remember where, but it was more like mac apple with cinnamon in it.

I ordered some scents to test from AH/RE.... I've searched high and low for a dup and couldn't find anything. Seems most Yankee Dups are of scents that have been around for awhile. I did get to smell this one and it is nice and I think it would sell well if I was able to dup....I'm guessing there's more to it than Yankee's description though....stay tuned.

I picked up a mulled cider from Mill Creek Soy Candle supply and although smells good OOB...it kinda has that alcoholic cough syrup smell to it like some of the apple pie FOs. It has the same spices, but no apple in it. I am gonna make it up today and see how it is in wax as you know it changes once in.

Thanks for all the great feedback....I've been mixing different combos of the AE scents I ordered and I think I've come up with a couple of possible dups. My friend, the Yankee Mulling Spices connosieur will be doing a sniff test later today......stay tuned. :)

Thanks for all the great feedback....I've been mixing different combos of the AE scents I ordered and I think I've come up with a couple of possible dups. My friend, the Yankee Mulling Spices connosieur will be doing a sniff test later today......stay tuned. :)

How did this turn out for you? I am melting a Y Mulling Spices tart right now and omg, its awesome! I am smelling orange clove, cinnamon, apples, but there is also something else in there, ooohhh, maybe its a hint of cranberry mandarin?? Something along those lines...but this is probably the best cider/fall scent I've ever smelled...nothing I've had in my stash of oils has ever smelled as good as this one. Hmmm....can't believe no one has duped this one yet...wowza its good!

I have not come up with the magic combination yet....you're right there is something "different" in it that I can't put my finger on....I haven't found the dup if it exists out there. In the meantime...I'll keep trying but I'm finding recreating scents is not my cup of tea :smiley2:

I've heard from so many people that Mulled Cider from Bittercreek is awesome....you could check that one out too...

Trappeur

Do NOT get the one from BCN cause it smells like Orange spice. I have it, bought on accident, meant to order the Mulled Cider from WYW which does smell like cider. I could send a sniffy of both if you want to smell before you buy. Also can throw in Cinnamon Cider from Tenn. They're all different.

Thanks Sharon...that would be great if you could send the sniffies. I can PM my address. Yankee's description is below....maybe it's that "pure spice extract" that gives it the uniqueness...I have my Yankee Mulling Spice tart that I use to compare scents but like So-Soy mentioned, it's just a bit different...I almost think it smells like an Apple Jack & Peel but with a bit more orange. Someone said KY has a great AJP so I'm checking the classies for a sample before ordering...I'll tell you one thing, if I ever do get a good dup of this sucker, it's going to have cost me a bunch...

"Mulling Spices... the warming aroma of hot apple cider infused with cinnamon, clove and vanilla. Experience the authentic, true-to-life fragrance, with pure natural spice extract"

It does have an apple jack and peel similarity but yet its different, if that makes sense, because I hate ajp but love this one! LOL!! I have the bcn mulled cider and ya, its all orange spice...don't know where the mulled cider comes in!