Repours

Anna

Do you have much luck remelting wax,and repouring?I poured four jars last night,and when I got home this afternoon,I got them out of the oven,and they had no smell,only a wax smell.I looked and there is a dark ring at the bottom.So I figure the fo is at the bottom.Do I remelt,and stir,or do I add more wax and fo?Sorry, I am not very good at making a question short.It is J50,and I added fo at 175,pour at 160.

Thanks,Anna

Scented,I can be real dense sometimes.Do you mean see if the fo is separating from the wax?Will that be hard to see since it already has dye in it?Why would it be separating from the wax?:mad:

I used 5.40 ozs of fo to 3 lbs 9.6 ozs of wax.

Thanks,Anna

That's a LOT of FO! I only use 1 oz pp usually- and my wax can hold up to 10%, which I'm not sure, but I don't think J50 can hold. But I've had that problem sometimes with really heavy FO's. I just stick it in the oven for a bit, take it out and stir stir stir..it works most of the time, but there are still times that it's just useless and I have to toss it.

I may be wrong,but I believe that would equal out to 8% of fo.

My maths says that 5.4 ozs is 9.375% of 57.6 ozs (3lb 9.6oz), which may or may not be too much fo for the wax as I don't use this type of wax. One thing I've found helpful with harder-to-mix fo's is to heat to 185F before adding fo. I know that 10 degrees doesn't sound like much but it's made all the difference to me. HTH