Replacement for FOH Hawaiian Hibiscus?

NoOneSpecial

Hi,

I just received 4 oz of this from them before xmas if you need it I don't mind selling it to you. I haven't done anything with it, was going to add it to my line in the spring but if it will get you through, i'd part with it for you....

Thank you very much for the offer. That is very kind of you :) Unfortunately I need to purchase a full pound of the fragrance in order to complete the orders that I have for it. I was hoping that I could find a replacement supplier for this oil since it seems like FOH will be scaling down on their stock and I need a reliable supplier who can supply oils on demand.

Have you tried any other Hibiscus oils that you find to be comparable? If I can not find a supplier to get a full pound I will definitely take the 4 ounces off your hands and offer my customers the option to choose something else.

FOH is really down on their stock ... they have way over a dozen oos fo's and I just noticed that they are discontinuing their Caramel Dip. :( I've already replaced some of their oils from other suppliers, now I need to find a good Chocolate Strawberry; waiting until mid-late February is out of the question for me.

Yes, FOH is off my list for good. The way she sh*t on her good customers during the busiest time of the year is ridiculous! Wouldn't take phone calls, wouldn't answer emails for over a week, then when she did she AGREED to sell a scent straight from her supplier to a customer who was in a tight spot over this oil with a fundraiser still going on and other orders to fill but when it came time to sell the oil to the customer, she was never heard from again! How these suppliers think they can just purposely go OOS on oils right at the busiest time of the year for candlemakers and decide they aren't restocking anything til sometime in the NEXT YEAR, is just insane! Good luck keeping those customers! She is obviously having financial difficulties, but I'm sorry when you have a business that supplies other businesses with something as important as a main ingredient you can't do this type of sh*t and expect these customers to wait around for you when you do decide to restock. She will never ever get another dime of mine. So I am also on the search for replacements to her oils as is alot of other people...I have not smelled another hibiscus.

Well, I have to say that it is tough on everyone right now. Many small suppliers have been forced to go out of biz because of the economy. She is just trying to regroup so she can stay in business. I do not consider it "sh***ing" her customers. I would much rather her do what she has to in order to stay in business. Many of us have had to start working outside the home because of the economy.

I have never had any problem with her responding to my emails, which I have with other suppliers.

If the orders are not coming in then how is she expected to keep stock oils? JMO

Yes, FOH is off my list for good. The way she sh*t on her good customers during the busiest time of the year is ridiculous! Wouldn't take phone calls, wouldn't answer emails for over a week, then when she did she AGREED to sell a scent straight from her supplier to a customer who was in a tight spot over this oil with a fundraiser still going on and other orders to fill but when it came time to sell the oil to the customer, she was never heard from again! How these suppliers think they can just purposely go OOS on oils right at the busiest time of the year for candlemakers and decide they aren't restocking anything til sometime in the NEXT YEAR, is just insane! Good luck keeping those customers! She is obviously having financial difficulties, but I'm sorry when you have a business that supplies other businesses with something as important as a main ingredient you can't do this type of sh*t and expect these customers to wait around for you when you do decide to restock. She will never ever get another dime of mine. So I am also on the search for replacements to her oils as is alot of other people...I have not smelled another hibiscus.

So blowing off emails and phone calls of a customer who was a good customer for the past few years is ok with you? When she finally did get a hold of her, she agreed to sell the oil in a larger quanitity straight from her manufacturer and when the time came, she never held up her end and never bothered to get back to this customer! She could have gotten back to her after she bailed on this customer, leaving her hanging with orders that can't be filled etc..especially after she spoke to the customer and said she would sell her the oil, and especially being it is the busiest time of the year!!!!!!!!!!!! Things are tough yes, we all know that, but when you are in the type of business foh is in, she has WAY TO MANY people relying on her for their own businesses to succeed, you don't just "sh*t" on those customers and expect them to come back to you when you finally have yourself together! I don't see anyone feeling sorry for the owners of Enron, or the owners of these other businesses that just up and left their 'employees' empty handed.....so we should make excuses for those companies too even tho they sh*t on all those people who were relying on them??? Obviously this is much smaller scale, but its the same prinicipals! Just wait until you are the one who's business is taking it in the shorts because of a supplier, see how happy and forgiving and ready to look the other way you are then!

Because you don't get a relpy within a week they are shitting on you? WTF? It is a busy season. Yeah it may suck on the customer end but ever think maybe she was in over head? Maybe some of her help quit? Maybe something else happened? I think it sucks to wait a week for a reply, but it IS a busy time of year.

Another thing I noticed you made it sound like she "purposely" went OOS on stuff. Do you really think she did that? That is lame. I do not think any biz owner purposley goes OOS to spite her customers. But hey maybe that is just my ethic.

And maybe just maybe her "choice" to not restock till next year is not her "Choice" but perhaps what she can get from her suppliers? Ya think?

I mean who you spend your $$ is up to you and you alone. Of course your opinion on a supplier is exactly that your opinion. However I think you are kinda being a little harsh. I mean you DID order in a timely manner right? I know I cannot stand when my cutomers order their Xmas order for 25 cases 2 weeks before xmas, and expect it to be at their store in a few days. Yeah right.

Don't forget to that everything you are implying about this supplier, your customer would have the exact basis to say the same thing about you.

JMO of course.

FYI: I ended up using the Hibiscus from CMS and it is comparable. Very good hot and cold throw in my soy.

P.S. Let's post any replacements we find for FOH oils to help eachother out!

Sounds good! I'll pass on that info of the Hibiscus!

Because you don't get a relpy within a week they are shitting on you? WTF? It is a busy season.

No response to emails OR phone calls in the middle of busy season especially, when you have been a pretty good buyer for a few years...yes, totally uncalled for!

Yeah it may suck on the customer end but ever think maybe she was in over head? Maybe some of her help quit? Maybe something else happened? I think it sucks to wait a week for a reply, but it IS a busy time of year.

Another thing I noticed you made it sound like she "purposely" went OOS on stuff. Do you really think she did that? That is lame. I do not think any biz owner purposley goes OOS to spite her customers. But hey maybe that is just my ethic.

And maybe just maybe her "choice" to not restock till next year is not her "Choice" but perhaps what she can get from her suppliers? Ya think?

Ahhh, ya, she purposely decided NOT to restock, says so right on her website, so she could try to keep herself running into the next year...well what good is she to her customers if she doesn't have the oil to supply them with what they need?? Keep open for whoo?? There is no one if you don't have any customers left!

I mean who you spend your $$ is up to you and you alone. Of course your opinion on a supplier is exactly that your opinion. However I think you are kinda being a little harsh. I mean you DID order in a timely manner right? I know I cannot stand when my cutomers order their Xmas order for 25 cases 2 weeks before xmas, and expect it to be at their store in a few days. Yeah right.

Yes, she had all her oil ordered in plenty of time before the busy season, but the fundraiser sold more than expected and of course when you go back to your trusty supplier for the oil to fill that fundraiser you EXPECT them to be able to help you, NOT ignore you!

Don't forget to that everything you are implying about this supplier, your customer would have the exact basis to say the same thing about you.

Again, this happened to someone who I work very closely with, I was there when she spoke to foh and made some arrangements to get this oil and was there also when the time came to get it, foh bailed on her, never bothered to follow through and it wasn't going to cost her any money out of her own pocket, so can't use that as an excuse! That is sh*tting on a customer whether you think that or not! And no the customer you speak of wouldn't be able to say any of this about me or the gal in this mess, as we try to bust our butts for OUR customers and would have tried to move heaven and earth to get what they wanted or found a suitable alternative! Not ignored them!

And this is JMO of course!

Oh, and one more thing, looks like FOH is ignoring MORE customers too...hmmmm...now that's great customer service and by all means we should all wait around for her to get her act together shouldn't we??? NOT!

JMO of course.

My responses are in red!