Donut pincushion

TexasBrat

Oh Goody :yay:

Here is the machine I got

http://crafts-sewing.hsn.com/singer-ses1000-all-in-one-sew-embroider-and-serge-machine_pf-370134_xp.aspx

I am getting ready right now to do my first little design wish me luck. I am going to need it. :laugh2:

That's a rockin' machine!!! How did it go? Did you make something yet?? It will become so addicting.

Lovely...I got it as a design pattern that I transferred to my embroidery machine and the machine did all the work except for the whip stitching closed after stuffing. You would be amazed at all the things that can be made in the hoop on an embroidery machine.

Okay after going through hell I finally did a little flower. The machine kept saying I had broke a thread yes it was operator error. You would think after years of sew I could thread a machine right NOT :rolleyes2

My first project is making a machine cover and playing with different design all over it. That should get me a feel for the machine and what it can do.

I am going to try and figure out the digital imaging program soon I hope. I want to do my logo.

OMG! that is so cute! Want to hear something funny.. I bought a embroidery machine and never took it out of the box - its been 3 years plus. I thought It would be easy then I read some of the instructions and that is all. I need to get it out! Every time my hubby steps around the box I get the eveil eye lol. I didnt buy a fancy one - but still I need to get it out - I see all kinds of things I can make with it!

OMG! that is so cute! Want to hear something funny.. I bought a embroidery machine and never took it out of the box - its been 3 years plus. I thought It would be easy then I read some of the instructions and that is all. I need to get it out! Every time my hubby steps around the box I get the eveil eye lol. I didnt buy a fancy one - but still I need to get it out - I see all kinds of things I can make with it!

Yes, break it out, there is a whole new world you will find when you start embroidering. You can embroider so much in the hoop. I make stuffed animals, wallets, and as you see pincushions. It also depends on your hoop size, it needs to be 5x7 for most projects. What machine do you have? Is it the Brother Disney machine?? I agree it is intimidating at first and I left mine in the box for a week but I finally got the nerve to try it out and have been going ever since. I have made a lot of gifts for people too. I monogrammed towels last year for gifts for 4 people and the total I spent on towels was $25.00 but each individual towel set seemed like I spent that much on each one.

Vicky, I'm glad you got it going and your idea for a cover is a great. Digital imaging is fun but beware if you use the automatic imaging b/c you have to test the design first as those don't alwasy do a great job as the manual digitizing. I hope to buy some software to start digitizing things.

Yes I have the Brother SE-270D disney one - how did you guess that? Want to hear something funny - I got a set of those towels for a wedding gift and she told me where she had them done - and when I priced how much she charged - I told my hubby I could make all kinds of stuff and maybe some extra money on the side lol. So the rest is history lol. Where do you find the thread for them? I need to buy some extra thread and just never found it. I will get it out and see what I can do. My hubby will love that - plus I wont get the evil eye anymore! LOL. Is that the model you have too? Maybe if I get stuck you can help me out.

Well yes and no. I do have a Brother Disney 270D but have not taken it out of the box b/c I don't have the PED box to transfer images to it so I don't have to do just stock designs. I got it on clearance at Walmart for half the price when they were remodeling our store and after I had already bought my other machine. I do however have a Janome 350e embroidery machine and it was a bit more than the Disney. I do have a 5x7 hoop and I believe the Disney machine only has a 4x4 but you can still do a lot withit but if you get hooked you might want to upgrade to a machine that does a 5x7 hooping space. I have some message board friends who have the Disney machine and they liked it alot.

For thread you definitely want embroidery thread as regular thread won't work. You can find it at Joannes and I think some Walmarts still sell some. Or online is where you can buy some thread too. I bought a thread chest online at Hancock fabrics and it came with a ton of thread. Don't forget you need stabilizer too, and that is a whole 'nother subject. lol

• 1 month later...