PKO substitute...plus advice on using soapmaker

hellen

Hi guys,

Can anyone suggest a reasonable substitute for PKO?

Also, I cant seem to convert a recipe that I put in the soapmaker program with percentages. I went to the 'help' menu and it said to place the total amount of weight required in the bottom of the 'amount' column...but I just couldn't do it?

Someone help please??

Cheers,

Hells

I'm assuming you mean palm kernal and not peach kernal? If so the substitutes for palm kernal are coconut and babassu. These 3 oils are the "cleansing" oils. They can be used interchangeably but you must always recalculate your lye. Hope that helped.

Also, I cant seem to convert a recipe that I put in the soapmaker program with percentages. I went to the 'help' menu and it said to place the total amount of weight required in the bottom of the 'amount' column...but I just couldn't do it?

I don't know what soapmaker program your using. I use the Soap Calc online. All you have to do is put in your total oil weight you want to make and then list your oils with percentages and it will calculate your oils, water and lye. You can also input how much fragrance oil you use per lb and it will calculate that too and type notes that you can printout.

http://soapcalc.com/ Try it! I use the SoapCalc 9. It very easy to use and has an awesome selection of oils to calculate.

HTH,

J

No you aren't. The program is the same, I believe, as what I have. Haven't used it, because I should read the directions. That thing baffled me enough to forget I had it till I read your post. Now if say Kaybee sees this, she might be able to help. I know the person who was going to help me figure it all out hasn't been around in forever. Sorry, can't exactly help you till I locate the thing again.

You can only enter the 'amount' under the oils when the little dot above the grid that says "Enter by: % in oz" is checked.

You can always use the 'resize button' on the top right. Choose the second option to change the size of your already saved recipe. This works when either option on the top of the grid is checked.