Anybody heard of..

Candybee

I have never heard of them until a few days ago but did get a solicitation email from this business a couple days ago. One sentence from the email was that they "sell out in hours of listing the boxes because of the huge following they have". I just deleted it.

I am not a big fan of doing any sample boxes in general because IMO you don't know where they go, if they really sell as much as you gave, no feedback on the product you donated, and you usually don't know what else is in the box with your product. Some say they get nothing and it is a waste of time and product, Some say they love it and that is their main source of advertising. Let us know if you decide to donate to it and if it was successful.

Sampler boxes are just like any other type of advertising. Except you are sending in samples. You can not guarantee that your samples will generate sales or visits to your store same as you can't guarantee if that ad you paid for on a blog or other site will generate sales or visits.

Some swear by the samplers as their sales have increased while others don't. It also depends on how you package your samples. I run a sampler and some of the samples I have received can tell you why there are no sales. While others that I have received will definitely generate sales and visits.

I participated myself in The Little Black Box and received 2 Etsy sales as a result...I found out by receiving convos from both buyers where they got their sample from and that they placed an order.

So, even though it was only 2 orders it had me excited :).

Angi

I am aware of sampler boxes used as a marketing tool.

My question was whether this particular company was legit. I don't do sampler boxes myself. I just wondered if it was a sampler box company or a ploy to get free samples from me. That's why I wanted to know if anybody has heard of or used this company before.