Yet another question... I promise this is the last one.

This is what kind of wax I'm looking for.

-SOY BLEND

-excellent cold and hot throw

-Has the consistency of shortening or lard.( when you touch it -you can leave fingerprint or you can actually dig into the wax and smooth it out with your finger)

-i've seen it used in 8 oz square mason jar.

Anyone know a name?

"Yet another question... I promise this is the last one."

Don't make that promise!

I still ask a lot of questions and I have been here a while!

of course my Mom's favorite saying when I was growing up was "this child just ain't right" so that might have something to do with it

To me now anyway a soft soy blend wax sounds like almost anything. I use soy and comfort blend at my own percentages and it is a soft creamy shortening like consistency soy blend. I'm sure these wonderful people's suggestions can lead you in the right way, but I asked the same question too once and learned there are just too many possibilities out there. Good luck on your search though :grin2:

This para/soy container blend from candlesandsupplies behaves exactly as you decribed you want your wax to be. It comes in greasy slabs that I have to cut and spatula out the box.

http://newcart.candlesandsupplies.com/Store/Products/Candles/PID-WAX-1275.aspx

I think it's annoying that it leaves finger prints and I usually add a little more straight paraffin to harden it.

The adhesion is perfect, the scent throw is awesome, colors flawlessly and it's a true one pour. I don't even need to smooth out the tops.

HTH,

J