Really need some input PLEASE

What is your supplier gonna do about the bad wax?? Is there anywhere else you can get the same wax but different numbers??

My supplier is continuing to try to contact their supplier/manufacturer while I continue testing different wick series. Nothing has been established as to what they are going to do. There is only one other place that I know that carries the same wax, I plan on contacting them for batch numbers if the different series of wicks fail testing.

zinc wicks & soy wax = bad performance.

Brenda- try using cd or cotton wicks.

I tested the htp wicks w/ soy. didnt work. least in my tests. wicks became too brittle.

rock on sista.

:grin2:

I respecfully disagree that zinc wicks and soy wax perform poorly together. I've been pouring soy candles for eight years now and have tested all kinds of wicks but always return to the zinc wicks because they burn the best with my waxes. I've been through lots of waxes as well and they all performed excellent with a zinc wick.

Fire

OK this is where I am at and what is going on as of today. . .I am testing HTP's and CD's with my wax and they are performing well. So I am on a roll and feel confident I can begin to pour up orders switching from the zinc wicks that are white ashing.

The last lot of wax I bought (12 cases) was all the same batch number BUT the wax is varying within the batch. I opened a new case and it has a different texture than the previous 2 - 3 cases. The new case appears to have more soy and the slabs will separate easily. The previous 2-3 cases was sticky and require work to separate each slab. Not sure how that can happen within a batch but all cartons were identified with the same number.

Then I seen Bugtussle's post about her bad zincs . . . Not sure if my problem was a two-fold, compounded problem (or a bad moon rising :laugh2: ) All I know is that it halted my production and I got my fingers crossed I don't got too many candles out to customers :tiptoe: I am sticking with the HTP's and CD's to get thru the wax I got on hand.

Brenda, I'm with you all the way on "Bad Moon Rising." I know Zincs have had problems before but I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't just seen it in the 3 candles I melted and rewicked. Wax can be seen/felt for inconsistencies but these wicks, absolutely no visible clue. In my tins, I have used CDs and Performas and have never had a problem with them. If we can just make it through BUSY season. Carole