JS123 and JS50/50

Hi Everyone.....I was curious how many people have or do use these waxes. I just poured 2 candles last night...one of each.

They look really good....both waxes seem easy to work with.

I have two questions for you:

1) What percent of FO can you/do you use in them?

2) What wicks have you had success with in them?

I have Cotton, LX, HTP, CD's and the Wicks Unlimited Brand.

Thanks in advance for your opinions!:grin2:

Do you mean the J223?

The J223 shrinks a bit and can cause a slight well in the center of the candle particularly if its a larger candles like a 16 oz. In 8 oz you won't see it that much. Some do repours but I just use a heat gun to the tops to level out.

The J50 was designed to be a one pour container wax and won't shrink down the center around the wick creating a well like the J223.

I find the scent throw to be comparable in both waxes however the J223 is reportedly the top scent thrower according to the manufacturer.

J50 is notorious for leaving those dreaded wet spots. I mix with soy and no more wet spots.

I blend 1 oz FO with my wax. I believe thats about 7-8%. Someone correct me if thats wrong.

Out of all the wicks I have tried in the J waxes I keep coming back to the zincs. For me they just burn the best. The best flame, melt pool, cool jar to the touch, slower burning, and better scent throw. The downside to a zinc is the huge shrooms.

Do you mean the J223?

The J223 shrinks a bit and can cause a slight well in the center of the candle particularly if its a larger candles like a 16 oz. In 8 oz you won't see it that much. Some do repours but I just use a heat gun to the tops to level out.

The J50 was designed to be a one pour container wax and won't shrink down the center around the wick creating a well like the J223.

I find the scent throw to be comparable in both waxes however the J223 is reportedly the top scent thrower according to the manufacturer.

J50 is notorious for leaving those dreaded wet spots. I mix with soy and no more wet spots.

I blend 1 oz FO with my wax. I believe thats about 7-8%. Someone correct me if thats wrong.

Out of all the wicks I have tried in the J waxes I keep coming back to the zincs. For me they just burn the best. The best flame, melt pool, cool jar to the touch, slower burning, and better scent throw. The downside to a zinc is the huge shrooms.

Hi...Thanks for the help.....I was trying to get info on the Just Scents wax they carry. One is JS 123 and the other is JSB 50/50 parrafin soy blend. I just got a sample and was hoping to hear from others who have or do use these waxes. Thanks again!

I do use JS 50/50 wax, both the container and the votive/pillar wax and love them both. Very easy to work with, great results. I use 6% FO mostly, sometimes up to 9% depending on the FO. I use zinc wicks.

Hi ....What containers do you use? Did you have any luck single wicking? THANKS!