I will be testing next week!!!

Well it is about time! I mean really, how am I supposed to find out how it is if you don't test it for me! :grin2:

Sorry, I have had a lot of candy corn lately and I tend to get a little crazy. I can't wait to hear your results. I have about another months worth of the 6036 before I need to narrow down my new choices to start testing.

I've been testing a 75/25 mix of the 464 and 4630. I think you will be extremely impressed with the combination of these 2 waxes.

I want to go order RIGHT NOW!!!! (But I can't) My goal is to be almost frostless and not so much prework for the frosting and the smooth tops... And if the scent throw is better that will be an added plus!

Flightoffancy, could you describe the difference? I can't wait....:yay: Thanks, Emily

I want to go order RIGHT NOW!!!! (But I can't) My goal is to be almost frostless and not so much prework for the frosting and the smooth tops... And if the scent throw is better that will be an added plus!

Flightoffancy, could you describe the difference? I can't wait....:yay: Thanks, Emily

The difference between what and what? LOL

I can tell you that I'm getting very minimal frosting with the 75/25 mix, and then it's only rearing its head on darkly colored candles. The candles I've poured have set up beautifully with smooth tops and very few wet spots. This mix also sets up relatively smooth after burning, I see a few rough spots in some candles right around the wick but not enough to make me want to bump the paraffin amount any higher.

I don't do any prep work to my jars other than the initial dishwasher run when I get a shipment in. No preheating or covering before or after I pour which is one of the features I'm after. I just want to put my wicks in, pour, and leave them alone until ready for labeling and I can do that with this blend.

Right now I'm testing after 48 hours cure and the scent throw is amazing even in that little amount of time. I am sitting on my matches trying to let this last batch of testers cure for at least 4 days to compare. LOL

Hi everyone,

I too will try these mixes,I can't wait. What wicks would you use in the 75/30 mix and the 50/50 mix?? I will make both in a 3 1/2 diam tumbler.

Thanks

In the 3 1/3 tumblers I've tested I found that a CDN 14 works well.

I'm also testing this jar with ECO wicks and in the fragrances I've poured I'm liking these better than the CDNs. An ECO 14 is doing the job and I'm not getting mushrooms like I did with the CDN wicks.