Wick advice for pint jelly jars - not wide mouth

I did a search but could only find wick suggestions for a wide mouth 16 oz jar. I'd like to test these since I can get them locally. They are the pint size, 16 oz. I use CD12's in my square mason with good results and I'm thinking of trying CD18. Is that a good place to start?

I did a search but could only find wick suggestions for a wide mouth 16 oz jar. I'd like to test these since I can get them locally. They are the pint size, 16 oz. I use CD12's in my square mason with good results and I'm thinking of trying CD18. Is that a good place to start?

I would try a CD 14 or 16. I think the 18 may be too big....:undecided

tootie

Not sure if I'll be much help, but I use pure soy from the old bluegrass candle and I use the 4 oz. and 8 oz. quilted jelly jar and use HTP 104 for almost all of my fragrances with a successful burn etc. I think the diameter of the mouth of the jars is the same in the 16 oz. I have to go up to a HTP 105 on some of the stronger fragrances.

I test burned the CD18 today. It took 3 hours to get a full melt pool. At first I was worried because it burned very low, almost like it was going to go out. I do have some HTP that I may try, but I've had problems with those mushrooming, which is why I've gone to CD's.