Soap color ?

Lisa

How do i get my soap colors to look like what i need, My red looks like pink, my green is to light Etc. Thanks I want and need dark colors. Also does it hurt if you use alot of color in your soap? I have the liquid dyes.

Thanks

Make sure that the colorant that you are using is skin safe. It is a bad thing if you use too much color. If the bubbles are not white than it can stain your skin and your washcloth.

Coloring CP soap can be tricky... it is easy to get a color change if you are using something that you haven't used before. Sometimes I use my powdered colorants and with a lot of experience I know that the color it is when I pour it is not the color it will be once it is cured.

HTH.

You definetly have to play with your colors, just remember just because it doesn't look the way you invisoined it it doesn't mean it is not attractive. if you use too much color as stated above you may have a staining bar of soap. I go for less than more.

How do i get my soap colors to look like what i need, My red looks like pink, my green is to light Etc. Thanks I want and need dark colors. Also does it hurt if you use alot of color in your soap? I have the liquid dyes.

Thanks

If you want a really dark navy blue, use indigo root powder. Very dark and pretty. For a dark brown you can use cocoa powder. Many of the micas, or oxides can be very vibrant or dark without using much. I got some liquid colors from a place called the soapgoat. I liked them because most of them didn't change after curing.

The only one I have noticed the color coming off the soap is the indigo root. It didn't stain my skin, and my sponge didn't stain blue either. But it was only swirled in the soap.

• 3 years later...

Watch out for dark red, it can create a rather disturbing lather and you end up looking like there is blood running down your body...

Lindsay, yea - that's the only thing I can think of. BUT if you used way too much color you might just end up with twice as much staining stuff. What did you use to color it?

ETA: wow seriously old thread. Cool.