I've been hacked ??!?

bthouse

Thats a calling card from the group that hacked your site.

Damn Script Kiddies.

Maybe you can get ahold of the host and see if they can restore you. Sometimes all they do is delete the index page... then again, sometimes they plant trojan scripts as well as tunnel and tag hidden directories.

I'd definitely have the host check it out.

I would seriously get on diyestores about upping their security or change to someone else. It sounds like their must be a exploit in their software for one hacking crew to keep getting into just their clients. I know of several people who were hacked as well in the past couple of days by the exact same hacking crew.....all with diyestores. Hopefully there is something they can do to up the difficulty of these folks getting in.

Added to say, its not just people with diyestores. It seems to be people using the FeatureCart to build their stores which is what diyestores as well as several other diy builders use.

MAKE SURE YOU CHANGE YOUR PASSWORDS OFTEN!

I would get away from feature cart. Here is why, there is obviously an exploit in the code itself but if Im a customer and I go to your store and see that you were hacked I personally am not going to stand in line to give you my credit card number. Even though it may be through an outside source like PP it will still scare people. Unfortunately once the exploit is discovered the script kiddies will run wild.

I had this happen the other day and it really shocked me until I found out through the DIY board that it was one of their servers that was hacked. Apparently, this happens a lot. If you google that statement you will notice many that have been hacked by that group. DIY got it fixed but it looks like it happened again! They will get on it and your site will be back up. My site was down for half a day at least. It looks like my site was not affected this time but I better go check my other one because last time my sister site was not affected but my main NLC site was. Things like this burn me up! There are sure some evil people out there. :(

I would get away from feature cart. Here is why, there is obviously an exploit in the code itself but if Im a customer and I go to your store and see that you were hacked I personally am not going to stand in line to give you my credit card number. Even though it may be through an outside source like PP it will still scare people. Unfortunately once the exploit is discovered the script kiddies will run wild.

Thanks for mentioning this. If it was DIY server that was hacked does it directly relate to my site? Of course even if it doesn't the customers won't know that it was DIY server that was hacked. This happened to me on Saturday. I guess it happened again. Why does Feature Cart make a difference? Why is it not good? Thanks for any input.

This is contraversal in the hosting world. In my opinion windows server platform is no more secure than their pc platforms. They did probably hack the DIY servers but probably got in through an exploit (probably a control stack overflow) in feature cart. You may be happy with DIY so if you are and they offer hosting you could always run a different shopping cart if they allow it. IMO php is the way to go it offers everything and more as asp and is much more secure.

This is contraversal in the hosting world. In my opinion windows server platform is no more secure than their pc platforms. They did probably hack the DIY servers but probably got in through an exploit (probably a control stack overflow) in feature cart. You may be happy with DIY so if you are and they offer hosting you could always run a different shopping cart if they allow it. IMO php is the way to go it offers everything and more as asp and is much more secure.

I totally agree. DH and I have been doing web development/hosting for 8+ years and DH was a programmer for a major internet company prior to that. We have nothing to do with windows servers and won't work with anyone who uses a windows server.

In all our years in businesses, with all the hundreds of clients we've worked with - we've never had a single person hacked.

I would seriously consider looking for a different hosting company if they are being hacked into on a consistent basis. IMO, 1 hack is 1 too many!

I totally agree. DH and I have been doing web development/hosting for 8+ years and DH was a programmer for a major internet company prior to that. We have nothing to do with windows servers and won't work with anyone who uses a windows server.

In all our years in businesses, with all the hundreds of clients we've worked with - we've never had a single person hacked.

I would seriously consider looking for a different hosting company if they are being hacked into on a consistent basis. IMO, 1 hack is 1 too many!

Same here as for the servers.

As for hacks - if the same thing is happening more than once, that to me just makes me think this company is absolutely clueless in how to fix it, which means they can't even see where they are coming in - or at least read reports which could tell them. AND they still haven't fixed it.

Next time, it could be the whole site.