I want to try

agentelrond

I am starting with mp. I like it. I personally prefer the white base from NG and the ultra clear from WSP. They work out best for me. There are quite a few other places that you can get bases from. I haven't worked up the nerve to play with cp yet. I am going to soon though, after the holiday crunch. HTH

I am starting with mp. I like it. I personally prefer the white base from NG and the ultra clear from WSP. They work out best for me. There are quite a few other places that you can get bases from. I haven't worked up the nerve to play with cp yet. I am going to soon though, after the holiday crunch. HTH

yeah i think so will try both mum wont like me using microwave though can i mely it another way

I use the micro it is faster. You can use the double broiler method like we do for candles. I would say make sure you use different pots though. Oh and everything I have read says to NEVER let the soap BOIL. So keep a close eye on it.

Yah, you can melt it the double boiler way or in a crock pot or micro.

The micro is the fastest way, and the method I use.

Why wouldn't your mum want you using the micro for it? It's not messy that is unless you leave it in too long and it boils over (ask me how I know :eek: ). ;)

Have fun with your new hobby, I love it, it's such a creative outlet for me.

As a matter of fact, I have some new soaps to show everyone, better go take some pics. ;)

Play around with mp, it can be fun. If you want to get into cp, Robin has a great tutorial, which was my teacher as far as the process went and definetly visit the millers soap site, tons of info there. And get a soaping buddy on the board. That's how I did it, Carmen helped me enormously as did Lizzy and Lin. I would be happy to help in anyway I can.

Play around with mp, it can be fun. If you want to get into cp, Robin has a great tutorial, which was my teacher as far as the process went and definetly visit the millers soap site, tons of info there. And get a soaping buddy on the board. That's how I did it, Carmen helped me enormously as did Lizzy and Lin. I would be happy to help in anyway I can.

thanx very much

I tried MP It was ok but I love cp. Once you get things figured out cp isn't hard at all. Welcome to a new obsession!

I'm with Lorrie. I love the fact that I put only the ingredients I want in the CP. Many MP bases put stuff I don't want in there. And CP really is easy after the first couple times you do it. It is so cool to know you made up your own recipe from scratch.