more pictures from a first timer

Rins

Hmmm, maybe overdoing it just a bit with the bright colors

I don't think so at all, I like those bright colors, maybe not for ME per say, but I would be drawn to them, and I know that my teen daughter really digs all those bright colors.

HI! First of all, thank you so much for your comments. I really appreciate all of them. Now to answer the following who posted comments: :)

for Eugenia - what do you mean by when testing those chunk candles?

for Deb - The pinkish ones and the reddish ones have mixed scents. Since I made them chunk style the blue ones have a blueberry scent, the yellow ones smell like lemon and the red ones smell like strawberry. I poured a cream colored wax that had the essence of vanilla but the red chunks bled so this is what came out. I topped them with whipped cream made of wax and scented that vanilla and also put red drizzles so it'll look like it has some syrup - thats strawberry scented. The green and neon green candle have basil and lemon scent respectively. The jar candle has 3 scents: chocolate fudge brownies, oatmeal raisin and cinamon buns scent. My other jar (i think its in the other thread has 3 scents: Cinnamon, Vanilla and Cherry.

Satin Ducky - Yes they are a bit thin but they are specifically made for candles and no store here has them so I use them. My candles have two wicks and the glass can withstand the heat. Whats popular here in the Philippines are pillar candles and hurricane candles. I do some pillars but I really enjoy jars more since the scent throw is stronger.

Jdscreations, topofmurrayhill and michi - thank you for your comments as well. This batch has bright colors but the next ones are a little more subdued. All the candles I posted were bought by one person and he asked me to sell them in his Salon/Spa since his customers really liked the way they looked and smelled. Not bad for a first timer right? :grin2:

Warmest wishes and many thanks!

I like the nice bright colors....however, you are new to candlemaking? I would be careful selling untested candles, you could open the door to a huge liability. You could burn someone's house down....just a word of caution, but good luck with your candles, you seem to be very creative, just don't forget the boring testing part lol.