My most valuable soap making tool!

ilovescents

I bought an 18 qt roaster oven a year ago with the intentions of using it to melt soaping oils. Besides, it was on sale :). I must tell you that it's on the top of my must have equipment for soap making. I have used it twice to melt and contain 30 lbs of my "master batch" -- I don't have to pour the melted oils in a separate container. Just melt all your oils, stir it well, let it cool then cover. It really comes in handy now that my business is taking off. I've already gone through 60 lbs of oils for my very popular Lushie soap line. I will be filling it up today for the 3rd time.

Oh yeah, here's a pic. :)

CP033.jpg?t=1223403608

Thank you so much for posting this. I have 3 of those roasters that we got back when we used to host our biker group meetings and needed to feed a crowd. They've been sitting idle for the most part, and now I will make good use of at least one!

Congratulation on your business..I love to hear when people's dreams take off, and do good..

I have one of those roasters too..I also got it on sale..

The only difference in mine..I have never used it.. :smiley2:

LOL, you may use it someday so keep it. :smiley2: Thank you for the kind words.

Thank you so much for posting this. I have 3 of those roasters that we got back when we used to host our biker group meetings and needed to feed a crowd. They've been sitting idle for the most part, and now I will make good use of at least one!

You're welcome! Maybe, someone who caught on to this tip would like to buy the rest from you. :smiley2:

That is a fabulous idea.

What do you do with your lye? Do you also make a master batch of that, or just make it up as needed then measure out your oils.

I am starting to get swamped here, we moved over the summer and between one home party and one Christmas Craft show, I've been cleaned out. So, I've been making soap like a mad woman. That roaster would make my life much easier. Want my address? LOL!

I will be looking at yard sales for one!

That is a fabulous idea.

What do you do with your lye? Do you also make a master batch of that, or just make it up as needed then measure out your oils.

I would never attempt that. I do make my lye mixture the night before to soap the next day. RT soaping is unbeatable! I make up to 4 lye mixtures in 4 different containers when I have new scents to pour or soap line to replenish. Making my master batch this way has totally made my life easier and my soaping really enjoyable.

Probably a stupid question, but.....do you use your roaster for CP or HP soap? I am wondering because I only do oven HP soap (i hate to wait LOL) and I want to try this, do you think it will work?

Hugs, Branda

I just use my roaster to melt and contain my masterbatch oils. When I first started soaping, I only did HP (crockpot, oven). The roaster would be perfect for HP.