Another Credit Card ?

poohbaby

You cannot pass the fees on to the consumer. It's against all the credit card company's policies...however, you can offer a cash discount. So you can mark your product up slightly to cover those fees, then give that percentage as a discount if they pay by cash.

IMO, credit card fees are a part of doing business. People that can use a credit card tend to spend more!

Yep, that is against the law. They also said that you cannot state that they have to purchase a minimum before using a card too. So for those freaks that use a cc to buy a darn 2.00 fizzie, legally, you have to accept it, or else the cc company can refuse you a merchant account! Just finding this all out myself since I am checking into accepting them at the mall :confused:

Yep, that is against the law. They also said that you cannot state that they have to purchase a minimum before using a card too. So for those freaks that use a cc to buy a darn 2.00 fizzie, legally, you have to accept it, or else the cc company can refuse you a merchant account! Just finding this all out myself since I am checking into accepting them at the mall :confused:

That is so true. At my show this past weekend I had someone charge $3.71. There was another vendor there that was not allowing CC under $20.00:tiptoe:

Thanks for all of the replys. I have seen some people at craft shows with signs that say no cc trans. under $20.00 I didnt know that was illegal. So glad I havent done that. Good idea about the cash discount though, will have to think about that one. Thanks again for the info!! much appreciated!

An ATM would be like a jeanie card thru your bank right? If so, they can apply whatever fees they choose, and stores can get around that. However, Visa and Mastercard sets the stipulations for accepting their cards, and that includes credit and debit. But they can't do anything about other companies or your bank.