sticking wicks

Dana

I have used Glue Dots since I started in the business, and never had a wick come loose. They come on a roll in a box, and as you pull the roll out, the dots lay flat on the top of the box.

I can't imagine using a glue gun or silicone, when the dots are so convenient. I have been tempted to try the stickums, but never got around to them. I guess I'm happy where I am.

Fredron

I have just recently started having this problem of my hot glue not holding up at the end of a burn....DANGEROUS! So I have been looking for other methods. I too, can not wait to pour! I don't have a days notice to stick my wicks. I may have to go back to The Candlemakers Store's wick stick ums, but sometimes they wouldn't stick if the jars were not washed really good. Can I pour right over the gasket sealer before it fully cures? Has anyone tested this until the end of the burn to see if it holds? Thanks!

3M-Scotch-Foam-Mounting-Squares.image.jpeg?Size=225&sku=MMM111&pid=11965086Buy them at Wal-Mart in the glue section. Cut each square into 8 pieces and stick to the bottom of your wicks. They don't let go until the end of the candle and are easy to remove from the jar if re-using. They are cheap and always available and only take a couple of minutes to cut into small squares. I usually cut one square in half and then cut four from each half of the square and peel off the paper and stick my wicks. HTH.

Chuck