Damaged Package from Supplier

crafty in SC

I received a package from a Candle Supplier around the 21st of August. The package arrived damaged and 3 bottles of fragrance oil where missing. I notified the company and filed a claim with UPS of course because I did not send the package UPS doesn't contact me they did call the company to verify what was in the package. I contacted the company but as of yet they still have not received a refund from UPS. Has this ever happened to anyone else and how long did it take for the company to be reimbursed and redeliver your missing product.

This has been very upsetting because of course the 3 bottles that are missing are my top sellers. I have several orders for these fragrences not to mention the fact that I'm out $54.70.

I'm in a very similar situation. Package was sent to me via UPS, and a pound glass bottle of EO broke. It was so bad, I got a note from UPS saying there was damage, the broken item was removed, the whole thing was reboxed. I received the other items, but the EO had gotten into the plastic bottles I also ordered so they all stunk like the EO. I emailed the company, and it took 3 days for them to even return my email. They said they would file a claim with UPS, but no replacement was even offered. I have no money back and no EO, and it is 4 weeks.

I have already decided that I won't be doing any business with them again. I have spent hundreds of dollars with them in the past, but I'm ticked.

Sorry I can't help, but misery loves company:cry2:

~Sue

Thanks for responding, in all my years of ordering candle supplies this is the first time, this has ever happened to me. Its starting to look like I'm going to have to find another supplier for the scents I did not receive. I just hate that, it means more testing when I had wick sizes down pack with their oils.

Its been 4 weeks for me to. I keep hoping I'll come home and find a package on my porch.

You have to follow the damage instructions with UPS. You can view it online or call them. I have had two damages in the past 15 years and always have had a refund with UPS within a week or two. They always send me the insurance amount and the two had up to $100.00 insurance and that is what I got $100.00 even though the items were like $75.00 but they include the shipping. I have always been pleased with them. I am not a fan of fedex. I won't do business with them at all. That is all I am saying about them. Alot of hard feelings about them....

I filed a claim once with UPS for an insured package and they not only refunded me the money for shipping but the packaging also. It took about 2 weeks to get a check but I was happy with the experience myself. I'm pretty patient.

I forgot to mention they also gave them the full amount of insurance. Unlike USPS that has an SDR value which only gives you a percentage of the insurance purchased, What a rip off.

I use UPS on a regular basis and the few times I've had to file claims, I've always gotten results very quickly! I file my claims online and usually have resolution confirmation within 24 hours! I used to have to fax in receipt copies, but that can be uploaded online now too, which makes everything go incredibly fast.

I've never had a customer get a direct refund from UPS for product, but have helped them get refunds on late air deliveries. For damage refunds, the money always comes to me, but perhaps the difference there is that I have a daily pick-up account. Maybe your supplier doesn't have that.

I think you're getting the run around ~ if filed properly, the paperwork would have been done and over with a long time ago. I know UPS has a limit as to how long out a claim can be filed (I think it's 30 days, but not certain), so I would follow up. Call UPS, it's toll free ~ 1-800-PICK-UPS. Give them your tracking number from your package (it's on the label) and explain the situation. See if a claim has even been filed. If not, file one. You have the right ~ a claim can be filed by the sender or the receiver.

Guest jurnalynn

i recieved a package where one of my fragrance bottles leaked all over, my house smelled like plum crazy for weeks..i called the company they sent a new bottle out that day to replace it.........i think it depends on the company

Laura