Little/Big problem

Callmaker

I have made 2 batches of CP Soap. I really enjoy making it. Problem is the last batch looks bumpy on top, not smooth at all. Why is this? I like the way Care bears soap looks but I have a problem trying to achieve it, Do you CP or what? Do you use a stick blender with your method or whisk..Thanks for any advice

Well of course I am not experienced so my best guess is that I am pouring at a thin to medium trace, as the soap cures it starts to take on a rough surface on top almost like I purposely textured it, but I didn't...I can post a pic tomorrow but its not a pretty site, almost too embarrassed to post it:laugh2:

I do CP soaping, and here's how I do it. I melt my butters and add in my oils and let the mix come to room temp. I do the same with my lye solution. So basically everything is 75-85 degrees F when I start soaping - gives me time to swirl.

I use a logan bear slab mold too but it doesn't get too hot if you start really cool - in fact I usually have to put it on a heating pad to get things rolling.