any good logo designer?

ajna

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

While I can certainly appreciate going to an established designer for a logo/label or whatever, I know that a lot of folks hesitate because the price is typically pretty high.

What I've done (and what thousands of others do), is hit up one of the big webmaster forums like Digital Point, go to their "contests" section, and hold a logo or label design contest. I've done this dozens, if not hundreds of times (for various websites/blogs/products) and over the course of a few years I've literally saved thousands of dollars (comparing what it would have cost me to go to a "professional" designer).

Oh, and the quality will vary, of course, but I guess what I like most is the fact that I get entries from several people (sometimes 15-20+) and I can pick which concept I like the most and then work with that person. And even though the quality of entries will vary, I've always had really awesome designers enter my contests, and end up with thousand dollar logos for $25 or so. There are a lot of "starving" freelance designers over there that are ready to jump on your project for next to nothing.

Anyway, just wanted to offer another avenue of approach for your design needs. :)

- Ross

...or if you want to go the freelancer route, go to a reliable freelance website such as Guru.com or GetaFreelancer.com. I have used both with outstanding results. I just recently had a freelancer from Guru illustrate a full color childrens book for me. The lady did amazing work and manage to create 16+ illustrations in around 7-10 business days for no where near what the average illustrator would have charged. Best of all, this freelancer is known in the childrens book industry! Guru does not charge the person who post the job anything. They just take a percentage of what the freelancer is paid. GetaFreelancer, on the other hand, charges five dollars to post a project. They do, however, offer your first project for free and refund part of the $5 project fee on future projects.