Wholesale Order & Samples Do You Charge?

I got my first wholesale order and am very excited. Anyway I am wondering with my customer's order she also wants some samples of the different scents so her customers can try them out before they purchase. Should I charge for the sample containers or should these just be freebies?

Thanks for any feedback you might have.

:smiley2:

Depends on the size of the order and how much future business they will generate and the products ordered. I look at everything as a return on an investment now. Something like lotions I will send a 'try me' bottle with any good sized order. Candles, I send a few melts in fragrances other than what was ordered to let the shop owner sample other fragrances to get furure orders. As a shop owner I do not expect 'free' stuff in anything other than food items. There, usually with every dozen ordered, you get a free sample to put out for testing. So, if an order is large enough, I kick in a little extra. Since I have no minimums, this is the best way I have found to keep it in balance so as to not give everything away. In the shop, if I want to put a strand of lights out so people can see how they look, it comes out of my inventoy and I pay for it. The major candle lines out there don't just give stuff away so I feel I don't have to either. Offering samples a little over cost plus shipping might be an option too.

Well, I would do this. Charge her for the sample candles and but tell her that if and when she does place a wholesale order, the amount of the samples will be deducted from her order. Then it works out for both of you guys.

This is exactly what we do as well. So far it has worked out well for us.

GL and congrats on the new account! :yay:

I got my first wholesale order and am very excited. Anyway I am wondering with my customer's order she also wants some samples of the different scents so her customers can try them out before they purchase. Should I charge for the sample containers or should these just be freebies?

Thanks for any feedback you might have.

:smiley2:

Unless she's ordering the other scents now and would like some "sample sniffers" to go along with (kind of sounds like that's what is happening), I'd tell her sample packs come in amounts of x and you can add one onto her shipment if she would like. It shouldn't be that costly, a sample pack (generally if you're doing wholesale you might have something like this already), and would better her purchasing decisions if she had one.

Well she has already placed her order. What she wants is 2 of the scents she ordered in a full size container for customers to be able to try out before they buy the gift packs. She is ordering a couple of scents with 3 products in each one for now. So she wants full size lotions and I am providing the sample spatulas so the customers can try out in her shop. It does have the potential to become a very large account for me.

Thanks also for all the congratulations. It really did make my week last week and I am still feeling great about it.

:grin2: Anne