Are 8 oz. jelly jars boring?

I learned and practiced and practiced on the 8 oz JJ. As soon as I thought I had them mastered I moved on, to different jars. But with the price of everything else, they make the most sense economically. Any thoughts on whether people really care what the containter is as long as the product makes the air smell good?

Im having a hell of a time deciding what to order.

We are having a wet week here in Kansas.

Have a good weekend.

Natalie

I don't think they are boring, with goods costing more and more and shipping prices going up, I think it is wise to utilize whatever jars you can get at a decent price.

I know I like a jelly jar because it is more primitive and there definitely is a market for prim/rustic jars.

I also know some people want a nicer jar for thier home.

JMO

Karen M

Not sure what is popular in your area, or if candle makers have already saturated the market, you can make a jj look nice. Try something different, but keeping costs down is what is important right now. I've downsized my jars, just started offering the 8 oz. square mason for my bakery/food scents and people love them. I don't sell a candle over 10 oz. anymore. And business is going well.

There are sooo many JJ candles out there. I did a few candles with them when I started then decided to find other jars because so many others were using them. You can be country or rustic in something that sets you apart from other candle makers. When you look like 6 other vendors at a show, it makes it difficult to show why you are different and you have to compete on pricing. And there will always be somebody practically giving away a JJ candle at most any show you do. I found it better to have a different look. I know there are some very nicely made JJ candles, but there are a lot more of this type just slapped together and just cheap looking. I feel you can get a better profit margin with something other than the JJ.

I use the 16 oz tins and tie raffia or ribbon and they make really nice candles. I buy them for .85 each, that includes shipping. I buy 360 at a time so that they are cheaper. I do like the nice jars, but the price is getting outrageous. I like the jelly jars too (the ones that do not have mason ball on them). I think you can decorate any jar up and make them look really nice, what matters to me is what's inside.

Cami Candles

Durant, Oklahoma