EO fixative?

Does anyone know of a fixative for eo? I received a sample of an eo blend from my manufacturer that had a soy oil base. My rep said that soy is used as a fixative(?) for eo, but it seems to me that the scent would be diluted. I know that certain oils, like clary sage, are in themselves fixatives, but does anyone know for sure if this method of blending eo's in soy oil works well in natural/soy wax?

If it's blended in soy oil, it's better suited for B & B products. You're gonna have to try it in your wax to see if it works or not. It could be a bugger to wick and the throw could be weak. Personally, I use and blend EO's for my parasoy wax, but would never use one for candles if it had a 'fixative' oil added. :cool2:

I agree with chris. Added carrier oils will only dilute the eo and mess with your wax formula. Your wax is already made of soy, why put more in soy oil in there.

Eos can be very strong even at 3-5% by themselves. It would be worth investing in a few EOs if you want to make them instead of using someone else's blend.

Lemongrass is super strong, orange and lavender are other good ones that aren't that expensive. They are in the same price range as some FOs lately. Orange is way cheaper, about $9 per pound.