Branching out beyond candles, soaps, etc.

Sara

That is interesting with the corncobs. I've heard of the packs made with rice, not corn... wonder if there's a big difference. I would think the rice would be much pricier.

Yes, the rice can get expensive... and I have never compared the corn ones... but the rice holds heat and the cold VERY WELL and it seems to hold fragrance well too. I guess you could add fragrance to the corn ones...

I love the aromatherapy aspect. It is just nice and soothing. I used a "rice sock" when I was laboring with my 3rd child :laugh2:It looked horrible but it was sooooo nice on my aching back!

I am new to candles (1 yr.) and I only have a small amount of fragrances that I have wicked properly. So recently I did 2 craft shows (trying to get the money to pay for supplies) and was afraid to depend on only the candles. My main thing has always been upholstery, so I am use to working with fabric. So I made handbags and throw pillows to supplement the show. These were very small country craft shows (booth rent $10-$15) I sold approx $300 total for both shows and it was a about $200 in candles and $100 other. I also had a few fall decor wreaths and handpainted pictures on plywood and framed in rough lumber. These were nothing special ( the art was low key) I sold those for $10ea. My 8oz. candles for $5.00, the handbags $10-$15ea. and the fall decor $7-$10 ea., fancy throw pillows $25 set. So I don't know if I did good or not. I am not experienced enough to know. It did help pay for alot of supplies though. But when I figured in my hours and set up........I didn't get rich. I could've cleaned someones house and made more! lol! I make the most money (time wise) making upholstered window seats for the wealthy. $50 for about 3 hrs-$10 in supplies.