I want to make a ginger scented soap

Scent Cellar

Go to the grocery store and break a tiny piece off of a ginger root. It is very very strong but I love it.

I have purchased 4 different ginger FO's that the suppliers told me were strong and dead on for ginger. All of them were terrible and none of them smelled like ginger.

Good luck.

Just a suggestion. You can infuse ginger root in hot water and use the chilled ginger tea as your liquid. Ginger tea is very aromatic and may be a nice alternate to using the pricey EO. I've also powdered ginger as an soap additive and the ginger scent comes through nicely.

Just a suggestion. You can infuse ginger root in hot water and use the chilled ginger tea as your liquid. Ginger tea is very aromatic and may be a nice alternate to using the pricey EO. I've also powdered ginger as an soap additive and the ginger scent comes through nicely.

Really? I'll have to try that.

I love ginger. I had a B&BW ginger body wash that I loved. I put it in a pump and used it as a hand soap in the kitchen. It smelled so strong of ginger and I've been unable to find anything like it.

I used to get some little bath oil ball thingys from Body Shop, years ago now, with a gorgeous blend of ginger, black pepper & a couple of other e.o's( I think it had some patchouli in it too) I wish I could remember cos it was heavenly...I think it was called a warming blend which ginger & black pepper e.o's are good for.

Must have a bash with a gingery soap for winter time.

Sally.