Bear Scenting?

idacandlelady

I went to the injected bear instead of wax dipped and I sell refresher bottle at show and I dilute it 50/50 with dpg.

Vicky I was going to go to injecting as well. How much fo do you inject for say a 6-7" animal? I tried it on a couple of different animals but it leaked through I think it had to do with the stuffing in them. It was thin stuffing kind of like batting not a thick stuffing.

I never thought about diluting the fo either. Do you just sell it as a spray or for them to be able to reinject the poor critters? ROFL

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I sell it as a spray.

The best places to inject is the paws and the head I do not bother with the body unless is a well made bear that is usually where they scimp on the stuffing. Last time I made them if I remember right was 1 to 2 cc in the paws and the bulk in the head of the bear.

Another trick to injecting bears is push the needle all the way in and express the FO out as you slowly pull the needle out that spreads the FO over a wider area.

6-7" animal max an 1/4 oz of FO any more than that is pointless on that small of a bear.

You could also offer a linen spray to go with the bear they can refreshen it with that, but still use it elsewhere. I sold set like that for V-day a couple of years ago and it was a big hit.