Melting down candle

I'm using the cookiesheet method to level my candles. How do I make absolutely sure they are level? I'm having trouble. My work area is in the garage and my tables aren't level and I'm trying to figure out how I can still make my candles level? Thanks as always for your help.

Remelting is fine. What you may need to add depends on what wax and/or additives you used the first time, what result you want and what you didn't like about the initial results.

As for leveling, the only way you'll know for sure it's level is to use a level. You can buy small inexpensive ones for a buck or two at a dollar store. If you make sure the surface and mold are level beforehand, the pillar will usually be as well. You can set the level on the candle to double check.

I was making a rustic in layers. I didn't like how the layers turned out and the last layer didn't come out rustic because I poured it too hot. So the rustic part on the first two layers was fine, so I guess my thinking is that I don't need to add anything. I had added stearic to begin with I just wanted to make sure I didn't need to add more?