Shipping Question

I've shipped there, and tax wasn't an issue. The shipping, customs, duties, etc. will be SO much more (for her) than that $4.00 item though!! Hopefully she's just "sampling" and will buy more later!

The last package I sent there was nearly $40.00 for shipping, but that was the "large flat rate box" stuffed full.

I've sent several packages overseas. The paperwork is not bad, just seems a little scary at first.

Yes this overseas shipping scares me but people order.A $4.00 order and shipping could be almost $40.00. YIKES!!!!!! I knew it was HIGH.

Surely she will get more later.

Don't they have candle companies in Austria??? I won't buy overseas just because of the shipping.

I just got the price...trackable shipping will be $4.00 not bad I guess. LOL
It's trackable? Whenever I've mailed something overseas they give me a choice of first-class mail international or priority mail international, neither of which is trackable. Did you use one of these two services? And was the tracking a separate service you had to purchase? Just hoping you can enlighten me as it'd be great if I could have a way to track packages sent overseas (I've had a few not arrive before, you see).

It's trackable? Whenever I've mailed something overseas they give me a choice of first-class mail international or priority mail international, neither of which is trackable. Did you use one of these two services? And was the tracking a separate service you had to purchase? Just hoping you can enlighten me as it'd be great if I could have a way to track packages sent overseas (I've had a few not arrive before, you see).

I put the snuffer in a large 8x10 letter envelope and my husband said that there would be paper work to fill out when the customer ok's the shipping price so I am not sure if it was first class or priority all I know is that they told him that it would be trackable...I will post again when I find out. Sorry I couldnt help just yet. Give me a day or so. Thanks

We ship overseas frequently, Australia is a big one for us. The last lady said she could not get the little prim figures or mini ornaments we sell anywhere over there.

Anyway shipping overseas is really not a big deal, we use an online program for all of our shipping including international and the USPS lady just picks it up everyday.

Of course be cautious of some of the countries that are not familiar to you. Canada and Australia are our most common and shipping rates are easily quoted of the USPS site.

Just make sure your payment has cleared before you ship to protect yourself just in case. If your customer is using a credit card it may not go through if their zip code is required as part of your entry so try calling your merchant company as ours will do a voice authorization so you can collect from their card.

Just my little bit to offer, :smiley2: