Not a rant--But?

Hello all: well after many months of taking a break from candlemaking, I'm ready to start up again, SO, like everyone here, I know the price of wax has increased, but I've decided to switch from J223 to something else! More testing, I know, but since I'm a hobbyist, I won't really mind the delay in that, BUT has anyone seen the price of J223 at Alabaster? I thought I'd check them out since they're close to me shipping wise, but I'll be darned if I'm going to pay $105.00 for a case of wax on top of shipping.

So, I ended up with a case of Cal-Soy that I'll start working with and at a much cheaper price:cheesy2:

Hello all: well after many months of taking a break from candlemaking, I'm ready to start up again, SO, like everyone here, I know the price of wax has increased, but I've decided to switch from J223 to something else! More testing, I know, but since I'm a hobbyist, I won't really mind the delay in that, BUT has anyone seen the price of J223 at Alabaster? I thought I'd check them out since they're close to me shipping wise, but I'll be darned if I'm going to pay $105.00 for a case of wax on top of shipping.

So, I ended up with a case of Cal-Soy that I'll start working with and at a much cheaper price:cheesy2:

How did you end up with a case of Cal-Soy at a much better price? I have placed a called with Calwax today (have not heard back yet), but the last time I checked with them (the manufacturer) the price was up to $157.00 a case! My supplier will not stock it anymore because of this.

How did you end up with a case of Cal-Soy at a much better price? I have placed a called with Calwax today (have not heard back yet), but the last time I checked with them (the manufacturer) the price was up to $157.00 a case! My supplier will not stock it anymore because of this.

I got the wax from C&S, they said they bought out a candle company and this wax was being discontinued. It is container. I don't blame your suppplier, thats a ridiculous price---So, since i make candles for my personal use, I do a lot of recycyled beeswax candles---saves me quite a bit of money:)

I got the wax from C&S, they said they bought out a candle company and this wax was being discontinued. It is container. I don't blame your suppplier, thats a ridiculous price---So, since i make candles for my personal use, I do a lot of recycyled beeswax candles---saves me quite a bit of money:)

Thanks for the response. I had to call Calwax back to get my answer. It is now up to $159 a case through them which means it will be high for distributors to purchase as well and then we would still have to pay a high price through a distributor in order for them to make any profit. This is nuts! They are going to lose all their distributors if they keep their price up that high. Have fun with your testing. :)

I know what you mean - I was away from things for about 2 years - Talk about a shock when I checked prices again!!!!

Welcome back:) I took a six month break, I sort of got burned out, trying to satisfy others instead of realizing my limits:) no more, now, I will be enjoying myself again.

I've checked so many suppliers, it's unreal. Hope things will get better for all.

When I picked my order up from Starrville, they told me that the wax company acted like they did not want to sell them wax. I heard that the wax companies are more interested in other products to make right now. They may be pushing us out with higher prices. (Just hear say). I am looking for an alternative to candles that sells as well as the candles do. In case this really does happen and they do push us out or up the price so high, we cannot afford to make candles, I want to be prepared. But I have not found anything that sells for me as well as candles, so far. :cry2: