Health Problems from Candlemaking

I started making candles about 2 months ago. Nothing too heavy. Since then my energy has plummeted and I'm tired all the time (Oh, and I'm broke from my candle addiction....sheesh). I was having problems sleeping until I bought a respirator. I air out my house every day to get rid of any lingering soot or candle toxins.

Anyone else experiencing health side effects from our obsession?

Are you under stress.I have been tired also and have had a rough year with family and friends sick and dying.I just don't know next what will happen so I guess that is the cause of my energy level.I have a hard time falling asleep and when I do it is hard getting up.It hit me this year.Only 2 months is not long making candles but maybe you have something else wrong.I haven;t been to the doctor in 6 months but did have my mammogram and relieved it is fine. A load off of me and also had throat surgery and OK after that.

You also mentioned you are broke.That can really put a damper on things.So many people this year have had some financial problems with jobs and gas prices and also national distasers that have happened to this country.

See a doctor.I am making a appt just to have blood pressure and blood test to see all is fine.A year ago I was borderline on sugar and cholesteral.Need a re-check.

LynnS

I've been reading the posts on the respirators...maybe I should get one. I've been pouring more lately, and even though I'm fairly new to this, I've been having some different feelings in my chest when I breath. Thank you all for these posts!

Ventilation is also important.I open a basement window and also have a fan blowing out.I am chemical sensitive and heart can race with this problem.Not problem so far with candlemaking but kinda dizzy with Hot Buttered Rum.NO wonder!!!!!!!

I am having a problem today.Need to get to my doctor for some records, need to go to candle supply place and a wholesale place near me for a big show this week-end and I cannot open my door.I opened it about a half hour ago to take out trash and felt sick(they are tarring the st rt I live on and that is getting to me). I live near the road and of course when you are busy and have alot to do this happens. So I am holed in this house for the day.I am stressed to the max.See this can get to you.I am going to be behind a whole day.:sad2:

LynnS