I am not a soaper! But....I need some

tlc26

I only make candles right now. I admire all you soap and B&B people. You go!!

Ok I keep hearing (reading) about a bath melt that soothes sunburn. I am not sure which one of you guys makes it, but I need some!!!!!!!!!! anyone know who makes these? I am soo sunburned right now. Went camping a few weeks ago and got burned on the canoe and then before it was healed up, Thursday I went to an all day concert...I will never learn. Any relief would be great! TIA

You know this isn't soap but as weird as this sounds plain yogurt smeared on the burn will help. Or as I had to do last time scoop the yogurt off the top of the fruit. LOL. Hubby smelled kinda fruity that night!! Anyway it seems to take the heat out of the sunburn.

Hope you feel better.

Connie

someone also told me to put baking soda in the aloe vera gel to take some heat out. Well I tried that to and it didn't help. I just made me all crusty and made it sting more. Thanks for the tips. I also have a little spray bottle with white vinager and water. It is not helping much either. .. I will have to try the yogurt.. of to the supper market after work!

Just found this in one of my books:

6 TBS Olive oil

3 TBS Cider Vinegar

10 drops lavender eo

mix all ingredients in a bottle - apply gently to relieve sunburn

Lavender oil is healing and soothing.

PS- if you try the vinegar bath - just pat yourself dry do not rub!

Hope this helps - I'll keep lookin'

Noxzema cold cream, (I suppose any cold cream would probably work) works great for me. Takes the heat out and moisturizes, so less if any peeling. I used to use Aloe gel straight from the plant which helped with the pain when I was applying because the inside of the plant stalk was cool I suppose, but the pain came back soon after. It did however help to moisturize so less if any peeling, more tanned skin. :D Solarcaine (the antibacterial spray for cuts, burns, bugbites, etc) helps too. It actually works pretty well and helps with the itch. But stings pretty bad if you have any broken blisters, so careful. HTH