8oz tins and 464....testing....

Hey Tootie,

I am STILL testing the 464....LOL But we must be on the same wave length...

I finally mastered this wax, got 7 scents to work beautifully in it, and have got the wicking down for the 4oz, 8oz, and 16oz WM jars....I have been checking prices for the 8oz travel tin. I would like to get this container mastered and maybe finally start a little business.

I was testing wicks with cd, lx, and rrd's but due to CS's Eco suggestion, I tried them and have found the Eco's to perform better for me. Please share your opinion on the different wicks in this wax.

I have been testing after 2 days. :) It kills me to wait!

So far I have been testing Candlescience and Brighterscents FO's with the 464. I do have to wait a week to get a good HT from the FO's from BS whereas CS's FOs have a good HT in 2 days. But overall a week's cure time definetly is great with this wax IMO.

I was testing wicks with cd, lx, and rrd's but due to CS's Eco suggestion, I tried them and have found the Eco's to perform better for me. Please share your opinion on the different wicks in this wax.

I am finding this to be true for me too. I've been testing 8 oz tins and so far the ECO's are the best out of RRD, LX, HTP and ECO's. I've been adjusting the LX's trying to get them to work too since I have a bunch of those wicks on hand...but REALLY liking the ECO's.

OK, I poured 3 8oz tins and one 4oz tin.

one 8oz tin (Old Fashioned Christmas) KY CD12 wick

one 8oz tin (Hot Apple Pie) KY CD12 wick

one 8oz tin (Spruce Tree) Peaks CD12 wick

one 4oz tin (hot apple pie) KY CD8 wick

all scented at 1.25 oz per pd wax.

I used ONLY the 464 wax. I did not mix anything with it.

I will start test burning MONDAY.:D

tootie

I dont know if I can wait till Monday!!!!! Those candles smell soooo good!! :D

They all set up smooth EXCEPT for the Spruce Tree one....maybe it is the FO or maybe it was a little too hot when I poured that one. I dont know.

tootie

I lit the 4oz tin on Sat and it burned great. The HT was WONDERFUL and it was giving off scent after about 15-20 min. I used a CD8 and I think it is gonna be OK in this FO. There is just a little hang up so I think it will catch up and clean the sides.

I just lit the 8oz Old Fashioned Christmas tin with the CD 12 in it I will report on it later this evening.....I can smell it now after being lit for just a few min.

tootie

I have almost a FMP after 2.5hrs. It is 75 in the house and over 100 outside so maybe a CD 10 would work now but I am not sure when the weather cools down if the CD 10 would still work. I dont have any CD 10's right now so I will get some when I order and test those too.

I will continue to burn this candle to see how hot the tin gets and how deep the MP gets on down toward the bottom.

Tootie

I lit the Spruce tree tin and WOW is it wonderful!! I love this scent for a pine scent. Anyway it has been lit for 3.5 hrs and not quite a FMP so that is good. I will put it out at 7pm and relight it tomorrow. I will finish the evening out relighting the Old Fashioned Christmas tin and see how that goes.

tootie

I need to remember to order CD 10 wicks. I have a feeling you are very right. I know a FMP in the first one or two burns will mean the tin is too hot at the end.

As far as HT and CT goes, so far in the scents I have tested, is WONDERFUL.

I am still gonna test a mix of 4630 in the 464 next week cause I know I am gonna find some FO's I love will not throw in the soy.

tootie

I have been testing 8oz tins and am getting frustrated, using EO mixes and some FO and cannot get them to burn clean or even close with CD 12 & 14. I am burning cedarwood and lavender EO now with a CD16 and it looks like I am still going to have lots of wax left over. Using GB415 and CO?????:angry2: 4oz tins are mastered with either CD 10 or RRD 34, both are fantastic, long burn clean afterwards

I have been testing 8oz tins and am getting frustrated, using EO mixes and some FO and cannot get them to burn clean or even close with CD 12 & 14. I am burning cedarwood and lavender EO now with a CD16 and it looks like I am still going to have lots of wax left over. Using GB415 and CO?????:angry2: 4oz tins are mastered with either CD 10 or RRD 34, both are fantastic, long burn clean afterwards

one more thing...if you stick with the 415 you will most likely have to double wick the 8oz tin.

tootie

Still test burning the 8oz Spruce Tree and Old Fashioned Christmas. Both seem to be doing fine. Sometimes I get a FMP and sometimes I get a little hang-up. The CD 12's may work for these two FO's after all.

I like the 464 alone for one reason....the candle lasts alot longer it seems like. Whenever I mix para in with the soy the candles dont seem to last as long BUT HT seems to be better.

I am going to order the 4630 tomorrow and another 10lbs of the 464 to see how this mix will compare to the 6036.

tootie

Hi Tootie,

Glad to hear your testing is going well.. I am anxious to try the tins but got to wait a bit longer for the funds...LOL

I am very curious to know how the 4630/464 acts. Can't wait to hear the results and to try it too. Overall I am pleased with the 464 but if blended with the 4630 gives an even better HT then I am all for that. I just do not want to cut my burn times.(by too much anyway) Who knows though.. that might eliminate or help the frosting too then there would not be so much pre-work before pouring for me....:D

Thanks for your advise, all. I am buying a whole lot of C3 next as I really like this wax. Done my testing with 415, still prefer C3. Have to start testing all over LOL!!!

Do yourself a favor and test a little 464 too. C3 is somewhere between 415 and 464 in ease of use.

-Kristi