Igi 6006?

Ok, I made up my mind to order the IGI 6036 from Candlescience only to find out they have discountinued it. :shocked2: So now I am pondering the 6006. My main question is how soft is this to cut or can I plan on have as tennis elbow?:confused: Does anyone use LX wicks with this?

Thanks

Bonba

This is a semisoft wax, not hard to cut at all. It comes in layered slabs. My husband made a little gadget with 30# fishing line attached to 2 blocks of wood, and we cut the block in thirds with that, then 'push' the layers apart (hope this makes sense). Then we put 3 of the little slabs in 2 1/2 gallon zip lock bags for storage, which are reused. Then all the bags go back in the cardboard box it came in for storage. HTH

I use 6006 too, and I always get it from CS. I didn't realize they discontinued it because I am well stocked with about 60 lbs. Well shoot. I hate to hear that. That wax is fairly easy to cut. Great scent throw. Comparable to J223. Easy to wick. The tops need a little bit of attention as they do sink a little. The heat gun can easily fix that though. The wicks I like for 6006 are CD or Zinc.

I just looked at CS. It is not discontinued. The price has gone up though.

I use 6006 too, and I always get it from CS. I didn't realize they discontinued it because I am well stocked with about 60 lbs. Well shoot. I hate to hear that. That wax is fairly easy to cut. Great scent throw. Comparable to J223. Easy to wick. The tops need a little bit of attention as they do sink a little. The heat gun can easily fix that though. The wicks I like for 6006 are CD or Zinc.

I just looked at CS. It is not discontinued. The price has gone up though.

TxGirl, did you know that BCS has this wax? May be cheaper on the shipping or you may be close enough to pick it up? Their price has gone way up though. For 10 cases it's $85.80 per case. I buy 10 at a time.

Plus, I just love this wax, just wish it didn't sink, but it's mostly on my 16 oz. jars. I use CD14's and a heat gun!

Just to clarify I called Candle Science and they said IGI 6036 is was not one of their better selling waxes, so they are not going to carry it anymore. You can get it other places I am sure. There shipping is so good I hate to hear that.:sad2: