Triple scented?? What the......

Well yeah, but the wax only holds 3 or 4% fragrance by itself and you use an additive to put in more. So you're already past the maximum the wax can hold and probably below the maximun of what you can achieve. Don't worry, I won't tell your friend.

00000020.gif Ssshhhhhhh - She's in the kitchen.......

Thank God for you folks. I kept seeing triple scented candle ads and thought I was missing something. I was looking around the web for an answer and in my search saw someone selling quadruple scented candles. Where will it end?

I then remembered you good people and now my mind is at ease. Thank you!:yay:

• 1 year later...

Interesting thread.

When I first started making candles, I used the 1.5 oz, no matter what wax I was using. 4794 doesn't hold that much, and my melts seeped like crazy. I had a heck of a time wicking my containers, using that scent load in my soy blend. I finally backed off, my candles burn cleaner, and with a better melt pool the scent is even stronger. Lot less headaches, less cost, cleaner burning. I have never had anyone ask me about triple scenting, I seldom have people worry about what is in the candle. What they want is a strong, long burning candle, a super strong melt. And I want to sell a melt or a candle that whoever uses it is blown away with how good it is. People are so used to junk candles for $2.99 at Walmart, they are so surprised by a decent candle. Not that Walmart doesn't carry some that look pretty good. I haven't burned one in years, but some of them have a great cold smell.

I had a local customer who discovered the wonderful world of ebay and then all the questions started..first off...this woman conveniently forgot how many freebies she had gotten from me so that when one ebay seller sent her a freebie tart she went wild..how wonderful this ebay seller was to her..nevermind the pounds of tarts I had given her..anyway..once she started on ebay she found a seller who says they usr 5x the scent...we all know that's nonsense but now triple scenting has been trumped! So my customer stops buying from me locally and starts buying these 10 cent 5x the scent tarts on ebay...forget she had to pay to ship them..I run into her at blockbuser and ask how she's doing and she's telling me these tarts from ebay are "saturated" with oils...they are even greasy....eeeyyyyuuuuhhh. About a month ago the voice mails started on my phone.."Ann Marie have you poured any harvest spice, can I get a candle and tarts in this scent?'' Mind you not only did she stop buying from me but she stopped buying and still owed me $$..I so did not want to return her call..but I did...apparently 5x the scent lady was the reason my former customer's landlord was charging her to repaint her sooty walls and ceilings. Seems she was buying 5x the scent pillars and containers to..when I sold her the harvest spice candle and tarts she brought over one of the ebay tarts with her..the thing was slimey, couldn't get the stink off my fingers and the wax was brittle..my long story still long...everybody's got a gimmick..ya gotta hope that evently people you lose come back because the gimmick is just that..oh and by the way...I charged her full retail and gave a one freebie tart..I need to stop giving away more than my customers pay, I just always feel so guilty I have an urge to give them free stuff...lol