Wholesale Inquiry

LynnS

I received a request for wholesale. I have agreement, pricing, policy agreements etc. Not on my website but could mail all the info. Since this is my first store wholesale possiblity I want to do it right and a way most of you would think is best.I have no fax, no wholesale page etc. so is mailing ok or is there a better way.

Do you first send pricing and scent list then IF interested send agreements etc.I could send it all at once in the mail if you think that is best.

LynnS

As I was contemplating I was called. I can mail agreement but order will be given very soon.Interested in 2 jars which are the most popular.It was agreed on wholesale cost for those. I am so used to doing only shows and a few small wholesale orders it will make me and my husband happy to make more than just 2 of each scent.

I think it was a hurry order with fall just around the corner.People are ready for candle sales about Sept. The store sells alot of candles but will start out with a small order. Helps me get things going.

The Store was out of state so I was not able to make eye contact.I saw their site and I am very impressed.

I need to look up shipping.I use USPS but with 100-200 candles I have to see if UPS is better in cost.

I need to Make up a wholesale page.I have where they can contact me for wholesale but not prices and agreements but have them to mail. Fax machine would be nice.

LynnS

Do you have a friend that has access to a fax machine? If not, try and go to Kinko's or an office supply store. Here in Oklahoma - the office supply store will fax items for you for a small charge, of course. I just use the fax machine at my second job and my boss it O.K. with it.

Word of advise........get EVERYTHING in writing BEFORE you fill any order! Get your money in full before shipping. After being burned once I make sure everything is in writing and that all is agreed upon before an order is made. Payment must be made when delivered. If shipping then I require payment before I will ship any item. On first orders I also require that half down be paid when order is made.

On first orders I also require that half down be paid when order is made.

I suggest getting full payment up front. Most retailers expect to pay in full at the time of the order. Sure major suppliers like Yankee can offer terms, but if that's a criteria they have to order from you, then look at it as a red flag.

Wholesale is all I do. No contracts, payment is given at the time of order (CC). I do have terms on my larger reputable businesses but first time orders are CC. Retailers know they pay shipping charges, these are not tallied until the order is packed and ready to ship. I ship all orders UPS, I gave up long ago hauling large heavy boxes to ship out, they pick up. On my invoice I stamp my return policy which simply states, all returns must call for approval and must be done within 48 hours of receiving shipment. All breakage must be left in original packaging and reported to UPS. Pretty simple, retailers know the business, no need to make this harder than it is....good luck

Wholesale is all I do. No contracts, payment is given at the time of order (CC). I do have terms on my larger reputable businesses but first time orders are CC. Retailers know they pay shipping charges, these are not tallied until the order is packed and ready to ship. I ship all orders UPS, I gave up long ago hauling large heavy boxes to ship out, they pick up. On my invoice I stamp my return policy which simply states, all returns must call for approval and must be done within 48 hours of receiving shipment. All breakage must be left in original packaging and reported to UPS. Pretty simple, retailers know the business, no need to make this harder than it is....good luck

Ditto!

I retail and wholesale my candles and gets tons of wholesale access requests. Which I setup for them right away.

No terms, no contracts, no "how are you selling them", "where are you selling them", etc... Not my business. As long as they meet my min. purchase, and pay, the candles are all theirs....

Why would you need a contract? I think, personally, it's a waste of time...If you have a quality product, they'll be back for more. Why would anyone sign a contract with a candle Mfg. anyway? What if the candles don't sell....what you make them sign up for 1 year or more? Nah!

If they are in Texas, I get a copy of their resale cert for my files and fill the order...If they are out-of-state, Texas does not require me to collect sales tax, I just claim on taxes that I sold wholesale, etc... If they don't come back for more....well, that's just business these days and with all the competition out there...that's life.

I operate my business with low on the hassle and high on aroma! LOL

I sell to people that take them to craft shows, sell at home parties, put them in their store, etc.... Wholesale is wholesale....

Of course, my one requirement is NO MONEY, NO CANDLES....and I've NEVER had a problem on that part.