Tarts at wally world and dollar store

pixisprkl

I must live in a hole or these are new...

I went to both stores today and each sell tarts! :shocked2: At the dollar store, they are 4 for a dollar (only 4 scents to choose from) and at wally world they are .33 cents a piece. Of coarse they have limited scents too...

Anyhow... just wanted to see if anyone else has noticed these before. Or maybe we are way behind. HAHA

there is no walmart close to me .. i dont shop there anyways ..

target sells them for a dollar each and acmoore an michaels sell them for a dollar each ..

other than that .. no where else around here sells them .. no dollar stores .. that i've seen yet.

Our Wal Mart has had them for about a year in only a very few scents. They SUCK.

HAHA... well it is comforting that they suck!

The ones at the dollar store say "made in Taiwan" on the back...

they probably suck too but it is frustrating because I know people will compare prices based on these cheapies.

We are WAY behind if they just popped up here... :laugh2:

They only last like 3 or 4 hours. After that it's a pretty colored puddle. I pick some of the candle stuff up every now and then to compare to mine, that way in case anyone does say something about the "cheapies" I am ready with info on it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I also saw these at our local walmart this weekend. Of course I had to buy a couple to compare them. Sadly, the spiced Cider one I bought on Friday night is stll throwing. I noticed though there is a kinda sludge on the bottom of my tart burner. I'm not sure what it is. I bought one other it was some name like spring rain or something like that. I'll have to throw that one in when I get home this evening and see if it lasts or if it just happened to be that one tart that I tried that lasted. They did not have many to choose from, maybe 6 scents. It is definately hard to compete when it costs me more than that just to make a tart, by the time I figure in my wax, fo, labels, shrink wrap, shipping ect. I don't know how they do it.

I wasn't aware that wally world or the dollar stores were selling them however when I made my flyer for school for selling mine a co worker said yankees are now going for 1.99 each. Holy Cow and I was only gonna charge .75 each. My boyfriend says I should charge at least 1.25, but I went with 1.00 for singles, 3.00 for 6 cavity clamshells and 5.00 for 4 oz wickless.