How do you color your soy ?

this is the soy i use .. and have for a long time .. i love it .. the scenting , throwing hot an cold .. the release .. all of it .. but !!!!!

I can not color it .. is it cause i'm using color blocks? some recomend liquids .. but on my budget .. color blocks are all i can afford now .. but this palce also has liquids on sale .. so i'm thinkin maybe thats my problem? get liquid?

i made apple green for a friend in tarts ... last yr .. an OMG they turned PURPLE after 2 days cure ! i was laughing so loud .. to my self .. omg i have purple apple tarts now .. so we decided to call the scent .. wicked apple .. it worked .. they sold well for her .. but still

is liquid the way to go , cause color blocks are not working at all for me...

http://shop.candlesandsupplies.com/candles/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=Candles&category%5Fname=All%2DNatural+Waxes&product%5Fid=SOY%2DPV1&path=Waxes+%26+Gel%23All%2DNatural+Waxes

I use the Eco-friendly liquid dyes from JBN. I think CandleWic carries them, too. I find them to be affordable. Soy is already so white, it takes more dye to get a vibrant color. And sometimes, by the time you use enough to get a vibrant color, frosting rears its ugly head. :rolleyes2

Viva pastels!!! :yay:

I use liquids... I got them a long time ago now from Nature's Garden... A little goes a LONG way and I'm nowhere near low on any of them.

To save money at the time, I only bought red, blue, yellow, brown and black, and honestly, I can make any color with just those. Use a toothpick dabbed down into the bottle to get less than a drop when making small changes to the color.

-Kristi

this is the soy i use .. and have for a long time .. i love it .. the scenting , throwing hot an cold .. the release .. all of it .. but !!!!!

I can not color it .. is it cause i'm using color blocks? some recomend liquids .. but on my budget .. color blocks are all i can afford now .. but this palce also has liquids on sale .. so i'm thinkin maybe thats my problem? get liquid?

i made apple green for a friend in tarts ... last yr .. an OMG they turned PURPLE after 2 days cure ! i was laughing so loud .. to my self .. omg i have purple apple tarts now .. so we decided to call the scent .. wicked apple .. it worked .. they sold well for her .. but still

is liquid the way to go , cause color blocks are not working at all for me...

http://shop.candlesandsupplies.com/candles/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=Candles&category%5Fname=All%2DNatural+Waxes&product%5Fid=SOY%2DPV1&path=Waxes+%26+Gel%23All%2DNatural+Waxes

At least you were able to sell all of the tarts, good name save! I got liquid dyes from Lone Star, but they STINK, not in the colors but they really stink :grin2:

I use the Eco-friendly liquid dyes from JBN. I think CandleWic carries them, too. I find them to be affordable. Soy is already so white, it takes more dye to get a vibrant color. And sometimes, by the time you use enough to get a vibrant color, frosting rears its ugly head. :rolleyes2

Viva pastels!!! :yay:

If only I had met Stella before I bought the LS ones I would have gotten the ones from JBN. I guess I will stick with these for now until they are gone. I am currently sporting Hot Pink/Pink LS dye on my left hand, I missed the pot! :laugh2:

Guest LightofDawn

Thanks to Stella :smiley2: I decided to JBN Dyes a try. I Love them!! I was using Reddig glo dye chips because I was to scared to try liquid.

JBN dyes are awesome and I have no problems with frosting in my C3.

(Thanks again Stella)

I was using Reddig glo dye chips

I like those, too. We bought some of the black for my partner's molded palm wax candles 'cause she claimed the black liquid wasn't *black* enough (I am not sure I agreed with her about that, but...) and liked the little chips a lot so I bought a couple of other colors to try in soy for grins & giggles. It worked just fine. I just like blending my own colors and foolin' around and the liquid is good for all that. AND the stuff JBN & CandleWic have doesn't stink! Bought some liquid from elsewhere and PHEEEWWWWEEEE!!! Coulda got high on that stuff!! *faint*

But go EASY with the reds, the honeydew and deep colors in general - they'll still frost, I assure you! The yellow seems to be the *friendliest* color... I think I have only seen it frost once or twice...:yay:

I gotta have color, no matter how many hoops I havta jump through to avoid the evil frosting... just gotta have it!!

I had used that wax for awhile, and loved it (once their new p2 was released I stopped using the p1 and switched to the p2) and never had a problem coloring the p1 with the reddig glo dye chips. Maybe it was something to do with the fragrance and color morphing together and turning it a different color. I know I have had certain scents(depending on the color of the scent) react differently with the colors I used turning them a little bit different shade of the color I used after a few days.

Thank You .. i'll be using color liquids from now on .. i ordered 5 from that place .. an we'll see how it goes ..

i stopped using liquids along time ago cause the smell out of the bottle was enough to make me hurl ..

Candlewics liquid dyes don't smell

Guest LightofDawn
I use the Eco-friendly liquid dyes from JBN. I think CandleWic carries them, too.

Thanks for that little tidbit of information. Candlewic prices are better plus shipping will be alot more reasonable since I am in Ohio. Do you know if they supply the dropper caps like JBN or know where I can purchase some?

I had been using liquid dye in my soy until I tried the reddig glo dye chips. OMG!! I love them. I get rich vibrant colors and no frosting. I use CB135.

The down side is it costs more to use the reddig glo chips than the liquid. So I use both to keep the cost down. I now have color 'recipes' for each candle so I know when to use the liquid and/or chips.

I find some liquids just don't work for my soy. Especially the brown, plum, and pumpkin colors. They frost awful. So I use the reddig glo chips.

I get them from Candle Science.