? about Shea Butter I saw at a craft show

Sal_gal48

Okay, I want this woman's recipe but she won't give it to me. Went to a craft show and she was selling shea butter that was very creamy, almost like shave cream or lotion. It was white. She said it was a "special" formula.

Anyway, would anyone know how to get the shea to look like hers? (sorry don't have a pic). I know she whipped it, but the yellow tinge was totally missing. Any guesses?

She probably used refined shea. My refined shea is pretty white! Do a search under the recipes section and I'm sure there is a recipe or two for whipped shea. Alot of people, including myself, won't hand out their recipes to total strangers at craft shows. Thank goodness with the internet and a little bit of research, you can usually find good B&B recipes to experiment with. I haven't made whipped shea yet but it sounds pretty neat. Have fun playing! :)

The refining process makes it whiter. Alot of people with the yellowish shea probably used unrefined shea (which is yellowish naturally). Or they could have used another oil that is yellowish in nature whereas your lady at the craft show used a much lighter oil. As far as mixing the shea up, I would use a stand mixer or a handheld mixer. I think a blender would be a bugger to clean after having oils in it. :sad2: HTH!!

Guest jurnalynn

was it a whipped shea butter or like a frosting?

( my frosting is white even though the cocoa butter and shea are not) i add pearl white mica to my frosting and scrubs it helps whiten them up and gives a little sparkle to the end result

Laura

Alright, I got the shea butter. I got the mixer. Now what?:cheesy2: I"m ready to experiment.

Should I melt the butter first? Wouldn't that get it softened up.

Yep, that looks like the shea butter she had:

http://southernsoapers.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35&products_id=865

Some "secret" formula - HAH!

Did you really have the nerve to ask a vendor for their recipe?!!!

.....and really expect her to give you this info so you could possibly start selling at the same market and take away some of her business? Unbelievable!!!

Did you really have the nerve to ask a vendor for their recipe?!!!

.....and really expect her to give you this info so you could possibly start selling at the same market and take away some of her business? Unbelievable!!!

If you read my posts NO NO NO I did not ask her for the recipe. She was telling the customers - "This is my special formula" to make the sell.

However, it's not unusual for me or a person to ask what the ingredients are because of allergy concerns.

Okay, I want this woman's recipe but she won't give it to me. Went to a craft show and she was selling shea butter that was very creamy, almost like shave cream or lotion. It was white. She said it was a "special" formula.

Anyway, would anyone know how to get the shea to look like hers? (sorry don't have a pic). I know she whipped it, but the yellow tinge was totally missing. Any guesses?

Yes, I did read it several times. How do you know she won't give it to you if you didn't ask?