Can't decide on a name

onlyscents

I have the following for names sorta, kinda, picked out. I decided onlyscents sounds too much like justscents and I don't like the idea that I may be copying someones idea.

I live in Maine

I have:

Pine Tree Scents (bought the domains .com .org .net .info)

Maine Scents (went to buy the domain didn't check out and someone in MA bought it so I got the .net one and .org and .info)

Maine Scent (got all domains)

I like Maine Scents better but I am afraid someone will type in mainescents.com

And it sounds like Mainely or is it Mainly (?) Scents. Which is someone on here and I don't want them thinking I am stealing their idea.

Maine Scent sounds like one scent.. like a scent a trapper or fisherman would use.

Any ideas? Even if you hate the 3 names above can you think of something to do with Maine? I've spent hours looking for domains and most of them are taken. A lot of the "Maine" ones are in neighboring towns who sell candles or bath and body.

Oh our tree is the "Pine Tree" therefore Pine Tree Scents (there are a lot of Pine Tree (enter name here) in the state

Pine Tree Legal

Pine Tree Candles

Pine Tree Candle Company

Pine Tree Barn

etc lol :)

You may want to do other searches for your name not just by going through what is available in domain names.(some place do not have online shops, or have not picked out the domain, and it can lead to trouble down the line with you owning it) Do a google or other type of search on the name you are wanting to go with. Also go to http://www.uspto.gov/ and go down to trademarks, click on that, then go down to number 3 - Search TM database (TESS), select new user form seach and check the name in all fields on there. You will also want to check with your state and see what is tradenamed with them.

I had made the mistake before with just going by what is available in domain names only to find out that it was trademarked or by doing a seach and someone else is already using that name even though they did not have the .com, .net or what not.

It will save you allot of money and trouble in the long run to search all the places before going with a name.

As for names - what about

Scents of Maine

Maine Scentations

Maine Heavenly Scents

Heavenly Scents of Maine

Northeast Scents

Pine Forest Scents

Fragrances of Maine

The names with Pine in it make me think of car air fresheners... might be confusing to customers. The "experts" tell you not to use place names in your business name in case you ever move. That said, it sure is hard to come up with something new. As far as having a .net or .org domain name, that is pretty useless IMO because .org is only for non-profits, and I do not know anyone who buys from a .net site. I just checked, and mainelyscents.com is available.....if you never plan to leave the state of Maine. JMO. Good luck!

Thanks. I chose Mainely Scents.

Even if I leave the state of Maine it should be fine. We are known as "vacationland" and a huge hit for the folks that come here in the summer (or leave here in the winter whichever way you want to look at).

I'd rather be down south to be frank, I miss the 90 degrees days. I haven't had to have A/C on all summer and it's only been 86 at the highest. Now this winter... ouch.. the oil bill will kill us.

I wonder if you can put fragrance oil in your oil tank? :laugh2: lol joking I wouldn't dare... a thoughtful use on some of those nasty scents we buy and don't like.

Thanks again!

How about "Maine Event Scents"? I could see your home page with curtains pulling back at the sides, and a cartoon girl beckoning the viewer into 'auditorium' where you could click on different 'theaters' housing the different types of scents. Maybe a down-home type theater with the bakery scents, a foreign films theater with scents like 'Egyptian Dragon', an IMAX nature theater with the herbal/green scents, etc.

Darbla

• 1 year later...
How about "Maine Event Scents"? I could see your home page with curtains pulling back at the sides, and a cartoon girl beckoning the viewer into 'auditorium' where you could click on different 'theaters' housing the different types of scents. Maybe a down-home type theater with the bakery scents, a foreign films theater with scents like 'Egyptian Dragon', an IMAX nature theater with the herbal/green scents, etc.

Darbla

Oooh That is a cute idea :)

~*Sarah*~