What wicks to use in a 4oz and 8 oz soy tin

i really need to know what wick will work well in a 4 oz and 8 oz soy tin. i dont have the money to keep 'experimenting' and find out which is best for me. i've had too many failed attempts with low/small flames, and bad melt pool.

i'd like to hear what you guys use in your soy tins and what is successful. cd? htp? cotton raw? and what size.

also, should i double wick in the 8 oz?

thanks

In my experience, wick size totally depends on the FO and how it performs with my soy. The very same container can use different types and sizes for different FO's. I use CD, HTP, Eco and Paper cored. You'll have to test. HTP73 or CD8 is a good starting point for a 4oz, and a HTP104 or CD12 for the 8 oz. Unless you happen to know that your FO is particularly dense, then might need a hotter burning wick, start with an ECO of comparable size.

what type of wax or wax combo are you using? This also makes a difference as I had to use different sized wix for different types of wax. Try 2 RRD 29's, and see if that works. They work for me on most FO's but can tend to mushroom after a while.