what makes M&P glyercin "wet" feeling?

klo

I have some M&P soap come out wet feeling and others normal, what causes this?

Also, is shrinkwrapping a bad idea? will the heat of the gun make it wet inside the wrap? What is the preferred way of packing?

thanks

I am having the same problem but seems worse where i spritz with the alcohol to prevent bubbles.It is real slippery.I thought maybe wiping it off.What is on the inside of the mold is not bad.I used the Aloe Vera and Honey MP base.The Goat's Milk isn't as bad as those.Is it also where you spritz it? Going to do the MP glycerin tomorrow and candles and tarts tonight.Making labels tonight too for what soap I do have made before I forget what it is.

Hope someone can tell us becuse I almost posted this a couple days ago when I made my first batch.

I will say I used the tiny zoo animal mold and they were a "bear" to take out.ALso had to trim.I think I will stay with med-large molds.

LynnS

Ok, M&P "sweats" occasionally, and putting your molds in the freezer REALLY makes the soap sweat, but there are a lot of molds that I have to put in the freezer to be able to get the soap out, and really I put all of it in there, b/c I'm soooo impatient to unmold. ;) LOL

But, it does eventually dry out, usually overnight for me, I just let one side dry, then turn it over so the other side will dry. I've tried wiping it but then it makes the soap funny looking, and I'm always afraid of leaving particles behind KWIM?

I shrink wrap all my soaps, after they are dry of course, and none of them sweat inside, of course I always punch two holes in the bags b/f shrinking mainly so that peeps can smell the soap, so that may help it from sweating??

I do not use alcohol, but I did notice when I put them in the frig they would sweat a ton. I have some that have sat for 2 days and are still wet feeling. I tried to wipe also. My DH suggested I put the blow dryer on the bottom of the mold for faster relief and that really worked well, but don't know if the ones I did that with are the ones sweating???? I thought there might be a "magic" answer to this.

I always spray my soaps with alcohol and do not notice anymore sweating from that but I do notice it mroe if i put in freezer bcz the glycerin is pulling the moisture from the environment.

Its funny, the one thing that makes it such a great thing for your skin makes it a PITA to package etc.

Elle

Mine almost always sweat... frezer or not. It often takes a couple days to a week to dry out with the high humidity here. Once it drys though, get it wrapped, whether it's shrinkwrapping or saran wrap. A few I'd forgotten about I found a month later and the edges were dried up and shriveled :undecided

• 4 months later...

I'm gonna revive this post cause I have sweaty soap too lmao

My question is can I wrap it while it's wet of should I hve it completely dry before wrapping?

Reason I ask is cause I unwrapped some soap that I had wrapped and some of them still feel sweaty :undecided should i unwrap and let it dry out?

How about putting it under the a/c would that help lol

OK I found another thread so of the freezer and under the a/c it goes