Trying to get it together~ deciding on molds for selling.

Fire and Ice

Though it will be next summer before I before I begin selling, I do need to decide on my molds for producing product by the end of this fall

Though I love the Mysty Creek mold I have and can find the same mold for production, I can't find boxes for selling that size soap. I gel all of my soaps. Even my GM soaps gel full so I need a tops on the molds.

What I want is a soap that is chunky but will fit into a soap that is easily found. I thried cigar bands and those just are way too time consuming. Even after a four month cure, the soap continues to shink and so band have to be reapplied or retaped.

Is Silver Moon log mold the way to go with the molds and a tank for the cutter. I'll have to have a special order on the Tank because I want them thicker than an inche.

No, I'm not selling yet but it IS time to begin getting my ducks in a row because people really are enjoying the soap. They want me to sell but I'm not going to be pushed. I'll sell when I'm ready and not before. I've bowed out of three smaller shows due to my local supplier not carrying my wax anymore. One more big show in October and the candles may well be done for good.:confused:

Fire

I have all different kinds of molds! LOL I personally don't like having all my bars look the same. Of course I do have a very efficient cutter.. DH!!:laugh2: He actually yells at me if I try to cut my own bars, he's says I'm too sloppy! :P If I ever get big enough, that cutting is too hard for him to keep up with, then I may rethink a uniform system. But, this one works for now!

The Misty makes 3.5 x 2.5 bars, correct? I've used boxes from KB, scent-works and sunshine container and they all fit fine. The ones from Sunshine are the ones I am sticking with. They used my soap as a model for the boxes and the cardboard is MUCH sturdier than any others I've tried.

Additionally, my kraft labels used to pop on the others and I've have to tape over them. Not so with the Sunshine.

e

My bars are 3.5 long x 2.5 wide by 1 1/2 inche deep. I fill the mold to the very top! If I can find boxes that will fit, my problems are solved because the Misty Creek Molds and similar molds are what I'm wanting to use. They are so easy to line and cut, I'd rather just stick with them!

Well I just went to Sunshine container and still find nothing that will fit the depth of 1 1/2. Everything is 1 1/4 deep.

I've tried pour less into the mold by almost a pound and I don't like the look at all. They look skinny and horrible. I use 5# of soap in the 16 bar mold.

Fire

Just cruising my sopaing link and rediscovered these. .....

http://www.packcoinc.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=51

Now these would certainly work but I'd have to think about how to add the name of the company as a well as the ingediants list. Card stock with a hole punch maybe?

Just cruising my sopaing link and rediscovered these. .....

http://www.packcoinc.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=51

Now these would certainly work but I'd have to think about how to add the name of the company as a well as the ingediants list. Card stock with a hole punch maybe?

Those are cute! What about a label or cardstock band on the bag w/ matching rafia?

I had some material left from a project, made a few little bags out of it, printed up some cardstock bands and they came out really cute.

I pour mine at 1.25 wide. I can cram a 6oz bar into those boxes that I mentioned. I don't like shrink wrap; the soap cannot breathe and it sucks for shows as smell is everything.

e

Agreed on the shink wrap and Dans's bands. Don't like them! I'll place a small order for some of those boxes and if they don't work, I know the cotton bags will!:yay:

Fire

I pour mine at 1.25 wide. I can cram a 6oz bar into those boxes that I mentioned. I don't like shrink wrap; the soap cannot breathe and it sucks for shows as smell is everything.

e

Well gotta leave the ends open lol. I can't go bare and in boxes, no one looks. It's crazy.

If you are looking for Misty Creek type molds at more affordable pricing andmore sizes to choose from check out this site:

http://www.freewebs.com/anhoki/moldsbabymolds.htm

Anhoki makes some wonderful molds, I have several of them! And I love the size of the bars. I wrap mine with a cigar label. I do not like the added expense of a box. I was just reading a forum post abut boxes, and most of the buyers said they would prefer not to have a box because it just gets thrown away and it is an added expense for them to pay. I will have to find it, it provided great feedback about boxes.

I love my slab molds and my log molds. I am just starting to have bars that are the same size, before I was everywhere as far as sizing. I like my bars in my log molds to be big and chunky, and in my slab to be about .5" smaller than the log bars. It really all depends on what you like.

If you are looking for Misty Creek type molds at more affordable pricing andmore sizes to choose from check out this site:

http://www.freewebs.com/anhoki/moldsbabymolds.htm

Anhoki makes some wonderful molds, I have several of them! And I love the size of the bars. I wrap mine with a cigar label. I do not like the added expense of a box. I was just reading a forum post abut boxes, and most of the buyers said they would prefer not to have a box because it just gets thrown away and it is an added expense for them to pay. I will have to find it, it provided great feedback about boxes.

I love my slab molds and my log molds. I am just starting to have bars that are the same size, before I was everywhere as far as sizing. I like my bars in my log molds to be big and chunky, and in my slab to be about .5" smaller than the log bars. It really all depends on what you like.

Are those all slab molds?