Heart Shaped Container wicking

I know it's been discussed, but I can't find the thread.

Anyone have recommeded wicks for these? I use C3 wax. I haven't made them in over a year and just burned a couple and neither of them burned how I'd like. I've tried CDN 14 wicks, but I hate the streaks and fibers they leave in the wax and I think a 12 would have been big enough. Also tried 3 HTP 62's, but they were not big enough...drown out after a while. I hesitate to go up to HTP 83's as I think they might be too big. I thought somewhere I read here to use CD's, but can't find what size to try first. It's really costly to keep testing these as they take almost a full pound of wax.

post-7000-139458448784_thumb.jpg

I use to use J50 and 3 51z wicks, then 3 41z wicks. They exploded on my friends coffee table, more than once.....3 wicks, IMO, is just too much for this low walled container.....gets too hot and you know how everyone just has to burn the last bit of wax....and burn all 3 wicks at the same time....

Won't use those continers anymore.....too much liability for my liking.

IMO

Carrie

I use to use J50 and 3 51z wicks, then 3 41z wicks. They exploded on my friends coffee table, more than once.....3 wicks, IMO, is just too much for this low walled container.....gets too hot and you know how everyone just has to burn the last bit of wax....and burn all 3 wicks at the same time....

IMO

Carrie

That's scary!! It's my concern with using wicks that are big, with 3 lit and a shallow container, looks like it could be trouble. It's really too bad that the CDN's leave such a mess because they burn quite nicely in this container although the flames are bigger than I really like to see with 14's.

Thanks for the replies ladies!

Over the last 5 yrs. I have made a lot of the hearts & never have had anyone tell me they broke. Pat

I think safely wicked they would be fine, they are really heavy glass. I've not had one break either, I just don't like 3 torches and so far that's what seems to burn the candle evenly.

Yes i have made plenty of these and never had a problem, J223 with 3 LX16's.

I would thinbk A cd wick would work in the C3.

Karen M

Yes CD's would prob work as well as CDN's and maybe they won't leave the streaks...it's finding that right size. I'm going to try the LX's next because I have what I think might work on hand. My CD's are too big for sure. Thanks!

IMO

Carrie

Huh?

Um, you're supposed to burn all three wicks at the same time.

There are dozens and dozens of us here who have cumulatively made probably thousands of these made from all sorts of waxes with all types of wicks, very successfully.

I've never had one break either and this one had torches! I ended up burning it all the way to the bottom and it did just fine. I think I'm going to switch to the CD's because I just don't like the streaks from the CDN's (it has to be the coating that does it). I don't color and the streaks really show up bad! I thought the 14's were too big at first, but I really like the way they burned almost all the wax and the glass never got too hot to touch. This was the one container that I failed to make burn notes on and since it's been so long and I never made a lot of them, I felt like I was starting over again.