Another Great Show This weekend

elle110

I had a great 2 day show over the weekend, I did 24 x over my booth fee, a little less than I like but it was the frst time doing this show so I'm happy. Normally, I like to to about 50-60 x over for a 2 day show.

My lotion bars, salts, sheas and bath bombs and loofah scrub bars were the big hit, I only sold about $170 in soap.

It seems that when I do the outside show I sell a lot more soap but the indoor shows less. MY other items are big sellers indoor or out.

Anyone else have this experience?

elle

All I sell is soap and a few BB products but mainly soap. We only have outdoor shows in the summer... (I live in a cold climate). It does not seem to matter in my case... I average about the same per day whether outside at market or an inside show.

I think that this time of year is crazy because of Christmas no matter where you are selling! :grin2:

The most I have paid is $125.00 for a show.One was a 2 day show and the other is a 3 day show in 2 weeks.I also paid $60.00 for another show(2 days) and did 6 times booth fee.That was good and so many others with candles.Also got a outside order of almost $90.00 from that show.

Really I like just those 1 day shows for $20.00.I can do good at those and not be there all day.Drags out those 2 and 3 days.

WOW what some pay is outrageous.It must be the area.I can say alot do drop out of shows when it reaches $125.00.I know the one this year was raised to $125.00 from $100.00.Some just won't pay it and find somewhere else to go.

I am doing a fundraiser this week-end with different animal things.They have a craft show coming up at that same place in 3 weeks for $250.00.I have been thinking???Will talk to the organizer this week-end when I see her for the fundraiser I am doing.I might try it??I hope there will still be openings but with the cost I think there will be.I am not used to the area and didn't want to go myself so put off.Husband works week-ends.

I did have some other candlemakers ask me if I was doing that big show after Thanksgiving. Will see how much energy I have the next few days.The 3 day shows are so exhausting.Also getting your items ready for the shows.I don't think people realize how much work this is.

LynnS

Congratulations on a good show. I am curious though, in what price range you guys pay for booths when you are doing so much? My average booth fee's are $ 200 - 800.00 a show. If I did what you usually want to do, I would have to make over 50,000 at a 2 day show.

This paticular show was $50 booth fee, but the main shows that I do are outdoor and around $225 a booth and I normally do around 11x or more. I also do one the weekend b4 thanksgiving which is a Friday nite and 7 hrs on Saturday that I almost do what I do at the outdoor shows and it is only $60 (it is a great show, some real serious shoppers just swarm on you).

I have a harder time with my booth at an indoor show bcz of the booth size constraints and I cannot use my normal set-up so I have to improvise, which I hate doing.

I think business is great so far this year, I was really worried with the gas prices etc but people are still buying, buying, buying. Yeah