Help! Paypal premier account

SusieQ

I need some help with paypal. I had a personal paypal account

just used it with suppliers and to buy off the classy's here. Thought I would sell a few items off ebay 10 days ago. The very

first item sold, paypal says I need to upgrade to a premier account to accept the payment of 5.49 instant transfer (don't know what that is). Just this morning someone here bought 2oz

of oil from me, and they charged me .41 cents on a total of 3.68

Do I need to go back and just have a personal account? Also

can't you sell off ebay without an premier account? Anyone

experienced in this PLEASE HELP

I have two separate accounts, one for biz, one for eBay. My guess is you might have been over or at the limits for a personal account and that's why they wanted you to upgrade to receive the money. Premier does charge a 30 cent set fee then a (last time I checked) 2.9% overall fee. I think the limits on a personal account is something like $500/$500. $500 each for incoming and outgoing money.

I don't think you can switch accounts back, but it's worth checking into with their customer service. You can always start a new account with another email - one goes to my checking and one goes to my savings account.

If I am not mistaken, I think you can downgrade, but you can only do it once. I had an upgraded paypal account (not sure if it was premier or not), and was able to change it. Check the help section for paypal, and it should tell you how to do it if it is possible.

Same thing happened to us. Just wanted to sell one thing on ebay and we had to select the premier account to do it. I told them I didn't want to, I just wanted to use paypal instant transfer, and I was told I couldn't do it that way, I had to upgrade to premier. Then after I did that I saw the fee that was attached from every single item I sold on the classifieds so I called them and they did let me switch back to the personal account, but said it was a one time thing. Seems most gals on here use 2 accounts, one for business and one for classified ads, etc.

MissMary, just wondering if your savings is linked to your checking. Mine is, it's basically the same number, so I don't think I can use my savings like you did. Must need a separate savings account in order to make that work.

Gerrie, call your bank and ask if they have any free checking accounts. I got one of those and then I linked it with my regular accounts online but made sure they took any check guarantee crap off incase the account got hacked. I keep less than $5 in there most of the time.

MissMary, just wondering if your savings is linked to your checking. Mine is, it's basically the same number, so I don't think I can use my savings like you did. Must need a separate savings account in order to make that work.

They are the same account number, but the catch is the last two numbers are different. As long as there is one single different digit, and I *think* most banks do 1 or 2 digits to denominate the checking or savings. The other two bank accounts I've had did the same thing.

Carrie, I already have a free checking account......a bonus you know when you get to be an "old" person. Very good idea about the check guarantee crap, I need to look into that since I write very few checks anyway.

I checked, and you're right MM, there are a few extra zero's on the savings account number, so I'm going to try to use that, hope it works. I have a few other checking accounts, but I just hate to mess with them in any way, especially linking them to paypal.