sizes of container candles you sell

I sell different sizes and containers, but all are around 8-10 oz. I am planning to add a slightly smaller size (4 oz.) because of the price of wax going up... Even though the candle will be smaller, it will still be affordable for customers with strapped budgets. Would rather sell many small sales than wait for one or two big 'uns. My customers are more motivated by price than they are size.

When I started out I only sold the 4oz and 8oz Jars..

Now I sell 8oz and 16oz and Melts.

I am also adding a 8oz wickless Candle.

Would rather sell many small sales than wait for one or two big 'uns. My customers are more motivated by price than they are size.

Agreed...People are definitely looking for a deal.

Right now, I sell 8 oz square window tins (Which I am about to discontinue), 10 oz Apothecary, and a 16 oz Apothecary. I may look into the smaller apothecary jars as well because as Stella and Islandgirl said, people are looking for better prices due to the struggle the economy has brought on many people.

Like a lot of others I have 'downsized' my containers because of the current economy. People tend to buy the smaller candles because they can afford them. I started selling my 4 oz jars again this weekend and they outsold my popular 8 oz Jelly Jars!:shocked2:

So I will continue selling 4 and 8 oz jar candles. I have put the 16 oz on hold until the economy starts looking better. The ones I have left I will try to sell during this coming fall and holiday season but after that I will discontinue them for now.

How I made my decision on what size to carry was, what type of jar can I get locally for example: at Wal-Mart, Dollar General or Dollar Tree to just name a few. You do not want to have to pay shipping on the containers or drive awhile to even pick them up because of the gas prices. Then my second decision was the actual size of the container, I like the 8 oz. sizes because it is easier to measure your FO and wax since (2) 8 oz. candles ='s 1 lb of wax. Hope that makes since. Third - if you are going to use labels on your candles, check to see how much they are per sheet for the size of the candle. Some sheets might have 12 labels on them and some might have 24 labels on them depends on the size. I have sold the following sizes: 8, 12, 16 and 24 or 26, can't remember. But the bigger sizes did not sell as well so I don't even make them anymore. I am sticking to the 8 and 12 oz. sizes and I have just started making the clamshells. I previously started out with just the 8 oz. size and nobody ever said "Oh, you only have one size"? I try to keep my prices low so women feel o.k. to either purchase something for themselves and not feel guilty about spending the money or if they want to purchase a gift for a friend. If you feel like you want to offer more than one size, I would make some clamshells, just because they are easy and they are different, so if someone does not want a candle because of the flame then you could sell them a clamshell. Good luck!!!