6036 Testing

I have been testing the 6036 in 8oz JJ and here is what I have so far Used 1oz FO Oatmeal Milk & Honey from JS. 1oz PP of wax no dye 1CDN 8 wick. wax took scent and dye good (I also dyed one) after wax was cooled the jars looked great no frosting craters or anything else. It is a smooth looking wax. I let sit for 24 hours. First test burn 4 hours had a great melt pool burned very well no shroons no soot YAY. died it out and relit later and did another 4 hour burn. Oh also trimmed the wick. Still burning good. no shroons or soot great melt pool and burn. I love this wax. It has a great CT and HT. I will let you know when I get to bottom of candle how it goes. Regina :D

Yup it has become a favorite of mine. I was getting my wax from JS But now that I have switched to the 6036. It is much cheaper than JS. And looks prettier. I have 2 full cases coming this week :yay: I can't wait to get it Regina

Is anyone coloring candles with it? I usually use GB 444 for my candles but occaisionally get requests for a candle with color. I tried the 6036 and got funny white marks along the sides of the jar. Not really frosting...anyone else tried coloring this wax?

I've poured about 20 testers with 6036, all colored...they look great.

Would you mind sharing what you did? I used liquid colorants and poured at whatever the temp was supposed to be. I do not warm my jars or anything.

I really didn't do anything special...heated wax to 180/185... added UV, FO and stirred then added color (drops from lonestar)...poured around 170...perfect looking candles :smiley2:

Diamond, I've not tried zincs...I've been using Eco's (per CandleScience suggestion) and getting perfect burns. I've poured mostly Jelly Jar testers and most scents are taking an Eco 1 (a couple may need a 2)...since these curl so much at the tip, I've offset the wick and leave it a bit long for the first burn.

I really didn't do anything special...heated wax to 180/185... added UV, FO and stirred then added color (drops from lonestar)...poured around 170...perfect looking candles :smiley2:

Diamond, I've not tried zincs...I've been using Eco's (per CandleScience suggestion) and getting perfect burns. I've poured mostly Jelly Jar testers and most scents are taking an Eco 1 (a couple may need a 2)...since these curl so much at the tip, I've offset the wick and leave it a bit long for the first burn.

When you are using CandleScience suggestions which wax are you putting in? They don't have the 6036 listed. TIA

I called them and they said they were getting the same results as with the 6006 so I could follow those guidelines. I thought this was odd because the 6036 has 20 percent more soy, but so far there were right.

Is anyone coloring candles with it? I usually use GB 444 for my candles but occaisionally get requests for a candle with color. I tried the 6036 and got funny white marks along the sides of the jar. Not really frosting...anyone else tried coloring this wax?

I've made about 20 testers and all were colored but 2. They came out fine very nice looking. I am using dye from peaks and heating to 180 and pouring at 170 and not warming the jars. And sorry I use cdn wicks haven't tried zincs yet Regina

I lit one of my testers today....it is at least 3 weeks old and WOW I could smell it after 15min or so. It was the one in the 8oz sq mason jar. It burned GREAT and is almost finished. I will finish it tomorrow.

Anyway this is another wax that gets BETTER with time.

tootie

Diamond K I use to use 6006 and used zinc wicks. They worked fine. HTH C

Thanks Cindy, I did use zinc wicks when I use 6006 and was just wondering if I could use that as a starting point or not. I hope to start testing next week. :D

• 3 months later...